What Is UniFi Access?
Note: The help articles are created based on our new user interface, which is released in the UniFi Access application v1.5.9. For optimal user experience, update your Access application to the latest version and enable the New User Interface toggle in Settings > Preferences.
UniFi Access is a state-of-the-art door access control system for both homes and businesses. In addition to its powerful yet flexible features, it also supports conventional electric bolts/strikes, magnetic locks, and 12V (1 Amp) access accessories, such as motion sensors, push buttons, and alarms.
With UniFi Access, you can easily:
- Manage your users, visitors, leave unlocked schedules, and access policies.
- Answer doorbell calls and monitor doors with real-time video intercom (requires UA Pro or UA G2 Pro).
- Unlock doors remotely.
- Track door status and users' door access events.
- Activate emergency lockdown or evacuation modes remotely.
- UniFi Access Application: The control center for your Access system, hosted on specific UniFi Consoles. Your Access application is easily upgradable and offers a host of features that simplify access policymaking as well as personnel, space, and device management.
- UA Hub: A secure I/O hub that authenticates inputs registered by your Access readers, push buttons, and sensors. Your UA Hub can also control door locks, alarms, and motorized door openers.
- Access Readers: The Access system's card or motion reading devices that unlock doors with multiple door access methods.
- UA Card: An NFC card that is specific to your Access system and encrypted with a special algorithm that cannot be replicated, unlike other NFC cards. Your Access system will support any NFC card, so you can retain your current access cards.
Comparing Door Access in UniFi Identity Enterprise and UniFi Access
Both Door Access for UniFi Identity Enterprise and UniFi Access adopt the UniFi Access door system hardware. One difference between the two is that UniFi Access is installed on-premises, whereas Door Access for UniFi Identity Enterprise is cloud-based. This allows Door Access for UniFi Identity Enterprise to provide more flexibility and support more features.
Refer to the table below for a comparison between the two applications.
|Content||UniFi Acces||Door Access for UniFi Identity Enterprise|
See Plan Options for details
|Plan limitations||No limitations||The supported number of sites and users differ according to the plans|
|Management||Local management||Cloud management|
|Application name in UniFi Console||UniFi Access application||Identity Enterprise Agent application|
|Data storage location||On-premises||Cloud|
|Multiple sites management||Not supported||Supported|
|Retention period of activity logs||Based on the HDD storage capacity||
|Retention period of video captures||Based on the HDD storage capacity||
|Retention period of guest information||Based on the HDD storage capacity||
|Mobile access support||Coming Soon||Both admins and employees can unlock doors using the Identity Enterprise mobile app|
|DPS (Door Positioning Switch) alerts||Not supported||Supported|
|UniFi Talk integration||Supported||Supported|
- For small companies and family users, we recommend using UniFi Access.
- For companies or users requiring enhanced security, multiple site management, and door unlocking features via mobile phones, we highly recommend using Door Access for UniFi Identity Enterprise. It helps cut down IT management costs and provides a better user experience.