UniFi is a powerful and intuitive operating system enabling an end-to-end management experience for all of your IT needs. When paired with our specially designed hardware you will have unparalleled control over your network and WiFi, security cameras, VoIP phones, door access, smart enterprise lighting, digital signage, and much much more!
The UniFi application suite is thoughtfully constructed to serve a wide variety of technological needs within your home or business:
- UniFi Network - An incredible platform packing together powerful internet gateways with scalable WiFi & switching into an integrated management platform. Get insights into your network like never before with real-time traffic dashboards, visual topology maps, and even smart tips suggesting opportunities you can optimize.
- UniFi Protect - A constantly evolving, AI-driven camera platform capable of recording high-quality video for local storage. Sorting through footage has never been easier thanks to our smart detection capabilities. It brings versatile control over recording schedules, camera access, and even how notifications are sent to administrators.
- UniFi Talk - A new approach to business telephony. UniFi Talk is a plug-and-play phone system and VoIP subscription service designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Powerful call routing and admin features ensure you never miss another call. Our thoughtfully designed, touchscreen phones offer breakthrough user experiences and bring smartphone-level usability to desk phones.
- UniFi Access - A state-of-the-art access control system with modern touch-screen access readers, live video, and mobile app credential support. Easily manage users, visitors, schedules, and access policies like never before.
- UniFi Connect - A modern Enterprise of Things platform that consists of digital signage, lighting, and electric vehicle charging stations. Leverage UniFi Connect’s simply scalable management capabilities to manage everything from a single Connect Display running an interactive point of sale application to an entire building’s worth of lighting and dynamic content.
UniFi OS Consoles and UniFi Hosts
UniFi OS Consoles are the simplest, most reliable, way to kickstart your UniFi deployment. With a single device you will receive an integrated internet gateway for advanced network security, detailed traffic analytics, seamless VPN access, and powerfully intuitive Policy-Based Routing (PBR). Furthermore, you will be able to run all current and future UniFi applications enabling comprehensive management of networking and WiFi, security cameras, VoIP phones, door access, and more!
We also offer a variety of specialized UniFi Hosts to complement our all-in-one UniFi OS Consoles:
- Network Video Recorder - a dedicated, high-capacity UniFi Protect camera host. This can be used standalone, or it can serve to complement an already existing UniFi Host. Multiple UNVRs can be stacked together to achieve nearly infinite camera scalability. The UNVR also features advanced RAID storage technology, which provides data redundancy and protects against disk failures.
- Cloud Key G2+ - a versatile UniFi Hosting solution that can be used for smaller stand-alone camera security, VoIP, or even door access applications when a UniFi gateway is not needed. It also serves as a low-cost, plug-and-play replacement for customers that are self-hosting the UniFi Network server on Windows/macOS/Linux, especially because it introduces some of the benefits of UniFi OS: automatic update scheduling, automatic cloud backups, and secure remote management via unifi.ui.com.
- UniFi Cloud - UniFi's native cloud hosting solution that offers scalable management of large quantities of devices. Pairs with our Next Generation gateways (UXG Pro) for a full-featured UniFi Network.
Note: While some users choose to self-host their UniFi Network application, we do not recommend self-hosting unless you are highly familiar with networking administration. Invalid configurations may lead to system crashes, poor performance, and compromised network security.
For more details, please see our recommendations in Which Ubiquiti UniFi OS Console is Right For Me?
Device adoption is the process of setting up a device and linking it to the respective UniFi application so you can manage it. For more details, see Device Adoption.
Remote Access and Your UI Account
Your UI Account allows you to manage UniFi from anywhere in the world using our UniFi Web Portal at unifi.ui.com*, or our UniFi Mobile Apps (iOS/Android). See Connecting to UniFi to learn more about remote and local connections.
Other benefits of using a UI Account include:
- Secure multi-factor authentication, including our seamless single-touch solution with UI Verify (iOS/Android).
- Automatically schedule backups and updates.
- Configure email and mobile push notifications for important system activity.
*Remote access for self-hosted Network Servers and legacy Gen1 Cloud Keys is done via network.unifi.ui.com.