You can configure location-based activity alerts so that UniFi Protect notifications are only enabled when the user(s) are off-site. This article outlines the steps needed to set this up for your account.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Set the location of your UniFi OS Console
- Configure your primary mobile device
- Configure location-based activity alerts
- Troubleshooting inaccurate location tracking
Set the location of your UniFi OS Console
To set the location of your UniFi OS Console:
- Make sure that your UniFi OS Console has remote access enabled.
- Log in to the UniFi Protect web application, go to the Settings > Location/Time page, and enter your site address.
- Adjust the Geofencing Radius slider to define your console's on-site radius (i.e, "geofence").
- Click Confirm Changes when you've set the desired geofence.
If you experience unexpected status changes while on site, increase the geofence's radius.
Configure your primary mobile device
Your primary mobile device will be the one used to determine whether you are on or off-site (i.e., within the geofence).
To configure your primary mobile device:
- Make sure cellular data is enabled on your mobile device.
- Make sure that the UniFi Protect mobile app has proper location permissions:
- For iOS devices, set the Protect mobile app's Location Setting permission to Always. Precise Location should also be enabled.
- For Android devices, make sure that Protect mobile app’s location access is set to Allow all the time.
- Open the Protect mobile app, tap your name in the top-left corner of the screen followed by Primary Device; then, select the desired mobile device from the list.
- To activate your UniFi OS Console's geofence, go to Settings > UniFi OS Console > Network and enable the Geofencing toggle.
Configure location-based activity alerts
After you've configured the locations of your UniFi OS Console and primary mobile device, you can create activity alerts using your UniFi Protect web application or mobile app.
To create activity alerts using the UniFi Protect mobile app:
- Go to Settings > Alerts to create a new activity alert or edit an existing one.
- Adjust When to Send based on whether you are off site (Away) or all users are off site (All users are off site).
- Customize the alerts for each camera and tap Back to save the changes.
To create or edit activity alerts using the Protect web application:
- Log in and go to Settings > My Alerts.
- Adjust When to Send based on whether you are off site (When I am away) or all users are off site (When all users are away).
- Customize the alerts for each camera and click Save to confirm your changes.
Troubleshooting inaccurate location tracking
The Protect mobile app uses GPS and communication with the UniFi OS Console to provide an accurate location.
If you are experiencing location inaccuracies, follow the device-specific steps below to improve the mobile app’s location tracking:
For iOS / iPadOS devices:
- Disable Low Power mode, as it may prevent the app from sending location status updates.
- Enable Background App Refresh and Cellular Data for the UniFi Protect mobile app.
- Disable VPN or Mobile Hotspot if they interfere with location accuracy.
For Android devices:
- Select High Accuracy mode for mobile phone location tracking, if available.
- Disable data saving settings.
- Disable battery optimization for the UniFi Protect mobile app by tapping Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization > Don't Optimize.
- Disable power saving mode to ensure it isn't auto-enabled once your phone battery is low.
Disable the Deep Sleep setting for the UniFi Protect mobile app to make sure you don't receive location status updates after opening it.