Note: The UniFi Identity Enterprise ownership can be transferred only from the workspace owner to a super admin.
- Sign in to your Identity Enterprise Manager (https://[your workspace domain].ui.com/cloud).
- Go to Settings > Workspace > Workspace Owner.
- Click Transfer Ownership, look up and select a super admin to whom you would like to transfer the ownership, and click Transfer to complete the transfer.
Edit Workspace Subdomain
Via Identity Enterprise Mobile App
- Sign in to your Identity Enterprise mobile app.
- Tap Apply for your domain in your Identity Enterprise mobile app's dashboard.
- Enter the workspace domain you would like to apply for, and tap Apply. You will be notified of the application result via email and notifications.
Via Identity Enterprise Manager
- Go to your Identity Enterprise Manager > Settings > Workspace > Subdomain.
- Click Change Subdomain, read the notice, and click Got It.
- Fill in your new subdomain and click Save.
- You will be notified of the application result via email and notifications. You can click Cancel Domain Application anytime before your application is approved.
After your workspace subdomain has been changed, please follow the instructions below to ensure your workspace works properly.
- Notify all your workspace users to:
- Update their Identity Enterprise and Verify apps to the latest versions.
- Sign out and sign in to their workspace again.
- Configure their passkeys again.
- If your workspace has an identity provider (IdP) configured, update your new domain to your IdP configurations in your Identity Enterprise Manager > Security > Identity Providers.
- If your workspace has SSO apps configured, update your new domain to SAML SSO app configurations in your Identity Enterprise Manager > SSO Apps > Select an app > Settings > Sign On.
Change GDPR Compliance Settings
UniFi Identity Enterprise workspace will follow the compliance of GDPR. Admins can specify how long a user's information is kept in the UniFi Identity Enterprise after the user is deleted in Identity Enterprise Manager > Settings > Workspace.
- Keep Details: UniFi Identity Enterprise will keep all the information of a deleted user including their email, first name, last name, alias, employee ID, location, onboard date, job title, reporter, role, group, phone, "what I do", personal email, birthday, address, area code, and tag.
- Keep Basic (Recommend): UniFi Identity Enterprise will only keep the basic information of a deleted user including their email, first name, last name, alias, employee ID, location, onboard date, job title, reporter, role, group, address, area code, and tag.
Anonymize: The basic information of a deleted user will be kept in UniFi Identity Enterprise but will not be displayed.
- EmployeeID: The user's first name and last name will be displayed as their employee ID.
- Company Email: The user's first name and last name will be displayed as their work email.
- Company Email and Suffix: The user's first name and last name will be displayed as their work email along with the word "Deleted" at the end.
- User ID: The user's first name and last name will be displayed as the first 8 digits of the user's ID.
- Delete Completely: The deleted user's information will be deleted from UniFi Identity Enterprise completely.
Deactivate UniFi Identity Enterprise Workspace
Only the workspace owner can deactivate their UniFi Identity Enterprise workspace in Identity Enterprise Manager > Settings > Workspace. The affections of workspace deletion:
- All users, including the workspace owner, will lose access to the UniFi Identity Enterprise workspace.
- The UniFi Identity Enterprise subscription will be canceled, and no refunds will be issued.
- The workspace will be permanently deleted three months after deactivation unless you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate it before deletion.
- Once the workspace is deleted, all user data and configurations will be permanently lost and cannot be recovered.