Assigning the UniFi Access devices to a separate VLAN allows you to isolate certain UniFi Access devices from the main network for security. The devices connected to different VLANs cannot communicate with each other.
Create a VLAN for Access
- Go to your Network application > Settings.
- Go to Networks.
- Click Create New Network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and save changes. Learn more
Change the Connected Port’s Profile
- Go to your UniFi Network application > UNIFI DEVICES.
- Click the console that the UA Hub is connected to.
- On the device detail tab, click Port > Port Manager, and change the port profile of the port that the UA Hub is connected to the VLAN network you want to assign to.
Use Static IP Address for UA Devices
If you want to assign a static IP to the device in that VLAN network, follow the instructions below:
- Go to UniFi Network application > UniFi Devices.
- Select a UA Hub.
- Click Setting on the prompted panel.
- Enable Fixed IP.
- Click Apply Changes.
Update the UniFi Access Network Settings
- Go to your Access application > Settings > System.
- In the Network field, select a network from the dropdown menu.
- Click Apply Changes. You may wait a few minutes for the UniFi Access devices and/or UniFi OS to update with the new IP settings. Please select the network to which the UniFi Access devices are connected to ensure they can be managed by the Access application.