Updating Self-Hosted UniFi Network Servers
Updates for a self-hosted UniFi Network Server must be manually initiated each time they are available. This guide does not apply to UniFi applications running on a dedicated UniFi Console because updates can be initiated or scheduled automatically from the UniFi OS Settings.
If you choose to run a Self-Hosted Network Server, follow the steps below whenever it's time to update your application.
Updating the Network Application
- Download the latest Network Application version here. Note that this must be downloaded from the original console hosting the UniFi Network Server.
- Close any running instances of the Network Application prior to the installation.
- Your network will continue to function as normal (devices will remain connected with internet access, and traffic will continue to be routed).
- Execute the file and follow the setup wizard to finish the update.
- We recommend downloading a backup file, found in the UniFi Network System Settings.
Note: macOS users may be required to move the downloaded file into the Applications folder, or right-click > open the file in order to begin the installation.
(Advanced) Updating via CLI on Linux-hosted Applications
It is also possible to use APT to manage updates on Debian- and Ubuntu-based installations. Refer to this article for more details. This should only be attempted by users with appropriate knowledge of Linux.