This article describes how to grant UniFi OS permissions from the UID Manager app and UID manager portal. After initially installing UID on your UniFi OS console, only the Owner of the console will be able to access the UniFi OS console locally. To provide other admin users local access permissions, you need to enable UniFi OS and UI SSO support in UID Agent and follow the steps below.
- Grant UniFi OS permissions from the UID Manager portal
- Grant UniFi OS permissions from the UID Manager app
To grant UniFi OS permission to users, please ensure you meet the following prerequisites:
- You have set up UID Agent. For instructions on installing UID Agent, please refer to our article.
- Your current account role in UniFi OS needs to be Owner, Super Admin, Workspace IT Admin, Site Admin, Site IT Admin, and Custom Roles with UniFi OS Console edit permissions.
Tip: The site-level administrator needs to be the site that the UID Agent belongs to.
The roles mentioned in (2) above will be automatically added to UniFi OS Console Admins as Super Admin and synchronized to UniFi OS when you set up UID Agent, so users can access UniFi OS directly through their UID account (select UniFi OS Console > View on UniFi Portal).
Users need to activate their UID account and be Active in order to sync to and access UniFi OS. Users who are in the User Group on the site where UID Agent is located will be added as a Member to that UniFi OS console with no access permissions by default. Some settings can only be operated by the owner of the UniFi OS, such as switching the release channel.
Uninstalling UID will not affect UniFi OS permissions. Previous admins in UniFi OS who had UniFi OS and UI SSO support enabled in UID Agent will still be able to access UniFi OS.
Grant UniFi OS permissions from the UID Manager portal
1. Navigate to UID Manage portal > Settings > UniFi OS Consoles > select a UniFi OS Console > UniFi OS Console Admins.
2. Click Add Admin to search and select the user you want to add, then click Next.
3. Select a role for the user and click OK.
4. To check that the user has been synced with the correct role, go to UniFi OS on your web browser at https://unifi.ui.com. The user should now be able to log in to the relevant UID account to access UniFi OS through the UID Manage Portal by selecting the site dashboard and clicking View on UniFi Portal.
Grant UniFi OS permissions from the UID Manager app
1. Open the UID Manager app, select a site and tap on a UniFi OS Console.
2. Tap Admins > Add Host Device Admin, choose the user you want to add and tap Done.
3. Set the role for the user and tap Add on the top right.
4. To check that the user has been synced with the correct role, go to UniFi OS on your web browser at https://unifi.ui.com. The user should now be able to log in to the relevant UID account to access UniFi OS.