UniFi IDentity (UID) Cloud is an Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) platform that provides Cloud-based authentication and identity management to businesses. With UID, you can connect to your corporate WiFi network or VPN with a single click or tap in the UI web application and mobile app.
Additionally, you can use UID Access to open connected doors with an NFC card, the UI mobile app, a hand wave, and other convenient access methods configured by your workspace's administrators.
This article will describe how to accept an invitation to set up your UID account and its multi-factor authentication (MFA), as well as how to access your workspace and utilize its features.
- Activate your UID account
- Navigate the UID User Portal on a web browser
- Download the UI applications
- Frequently asked questions
Activate your UID account
1. Check your email for the invitation to your team's UID workspace and initiate the account setup wizard.
Once your workspace administrator creates your account, you should receive an invitation email, shown below. Click Activate UID Account to start the account activation wizard.
2. Set your account password, or enter the password provided by your workspace administrator, then create a security question.
- If your workspace administrator has allowed you to create your own password, you'll see the screen below. Enter a password that meets the listed requirements.
- If the workspace administrator has provided you with a password, enter the password you see on the invitation email.
Once logged in, you will be redirected to a password reset page. Here, you can set a new, permanent password.
After you have entered your new password, select a preset security question from the drop-down menu or create a custom one. Enter the question’s answer then click Continue.
3. Set up multi-factor authentication with the UI Verify mobile app and via SMS authentication.
Click Set Up next to your preferred authentication method and follow its respective, on-screen instructions. Once set up, click Continue and repeat the process for additional authentication methods.
Once finished, you will be automatically redirected to the UID User Portal's Download section where you will find the download links for all UID-related applications.
Navigate the UID User Portal on a web browser
Navigate to [your workspace domain].ui.com/login to access the UID User Portal on your web browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
The Application section will list all of your workspace’s applications. These applications are downloaded by your workspace administrator to streamline administrative tasks, such as submitting time-off requests, expense reports, and business trip approvals.
The Approvals section lets you submit and process a variety of approval requests.
The Directory lists all workspace users and provides their basic information, such as first and last name, job title, location, and phone number if included by the directory administrator.
The Help Desk is the organizational support center. Click New Ticket to create a new support ticket, or click All Tickets in the left sidebar menu to view your submitted tickets and tickets assigned to you.
In the top-right corner of the screen you can:
- Click the bell icon to view your notifications.
- Click your initials or image icon and then select Manage Your Account to access your account settings.
Download and navigate the UI applications
The UI desktop application and mobile app allow you and other workspace users to unlock connected doors and connect to corporate WiFi or VPN with a single click or tap.
Log in to the UID User Portal and go to the Download section to download the free UI web application and mobile app, available for iOS and Android.
Use the UI mobile app
Log in to your workspace on the UI mobile app to use its respective features and resources.
To unlock a workspace door:
- Tap on the door icon in the mobile app's Dashboard section, or
- Shake your mobile device, or
- Tap the mobile phone on the UniFi Access (UA) reader next to the door.
Note: You must enable your mobile device’s Bluetooth and Location Services to unlock doors via the mobile app. If disabled, the door icon on the mobile app will display a "No Doors Nearby" message and you won't be able to unlock the door via the mobile app.
To connect to your corporate WiFi or VPN, tap the WiFi /or VPN icons.
Use the UI desktop application
Sign in to your workspace:
- Enter your UID account email and password, or
- Scan a QR code with your UI mobile app.
Note: Once logged in, the UI application icon will appear at the top of the screen. Click it to expand the application’s settings.
Click the WiFi icon to connect to the corporate WiFi network.
Note: Once connected to WiFi, this menu will show current download and upload speeds.
Additionally, you can:
- Click Help Desk to open the UID User Portal's Help Desk section on your web browser.
- Click the Apps tab to access all applications available for your account.
- Click the Notifications tab to view your notifications.
Frequently asked questions
I forgot my UID password. How do I reset it?
If a workspace admin has allowed users to reset their password, follow these steps:
- Open the UID web application or mobile app and select Need help signing in.
- Enter the email address associated with your account and choose whether you would like to reset your password via email or via SMS.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If a workspace admin has prohibited users from resetting their password, contact them and request that they reset your password.
I've been locked out of my account after exceeding my incorrect login limit. What should I do?
If you've incorrectly entered your password too many times or exceeded your workspace's Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) limit, your account will be locked.
To resolve this, you can:
- Ask your workspace admin to unlock your account.
- If a workspace admin has set up an auto-unlock time on their Password Policy page, wait for that period of time to elapse then try logging in again.
- If a workspace admin has allowed self-unlocking on their Password Policy page, click Unlock Account, then either enter the recovery code you receive via SMS or answer your security question. Once done, follow the on-screen instructions to finish unlocking your account.