This article describes how to manage your workspace settings after setting up UniFi IDentity (UID).
If you haven't created your UID workspace and registered its owner yet, please do that first by following the process outlined in UniFi IDentity - Getting started.
Note: Only Owners and Super Admins can manage and configure workspace settings. Some features can, however, be viewed or edited by other lower-tier users. These will be covered later in this article.
- Complete the Getting Started wizard
- Edit workspace information
- Manage workspace settings
- Configure user support
- Manage your notification preferences
- Transfer the workspace ownership
- Set up and configure other UID features
Complete the Getting Started wizard
Once you've created your UID workspace and registered its owner, open the Dashboard section on your UID Portal and complete the Getting Started wizard to configure your workspace's basic settings.
For more guidance on each task, see UniFi IDentity - Use UniFi IDentity.
Edit workspace information
Log in to the UID Admin Portal by entering the following URL [your workspace domain].ui.com/login on your web browser (Google Chrome is recommended) and click the gear icon to open the Settings page.
The following information on the workspace page can be viewed and edited:
- Owner: The user who created this workspace. Only the current owner can designate a new one.
- Type of Workspace: Specify or change your workspace type (e.g., Computer, Service, Tourism, etc.).
- Capacity: The number of users in the workspace.
- Country & Region: The workspace's geographic region.
- Logo: The image associated with your workspace. We recommended using a PNG image (320 x 320 pixels).
The following information cannot be changed:
- Workspace Name
- Workspace URL
Note: Site admins can see workspace information on the Settings page but cannot edit it.
Manage workspace settings
Click the Advanced tab on the Settings page to view and edit the global settings for users, host devices, WiFi, and UniFi Access (UA) hardware.
Manage workspace user settings
Click the Users tab to access and configure the following settings:
- Login Method for Identity Provider Users:
- UID Account/Password or Identity Provider is selected by default. When selected, the Identity Provider Users (IDP) can use either a UID account/password or IDP credentials to log in to the workspace.
- Select Only Identity Provider to require users to log in to the workspace with IDP credentials.
- Email Domain for UID Account:
- Select Any Domain to allow users to register a new UID account with any email domain.
- Select Specific Domains to require that users create new UID accounts with specified domain names.
- The Allow Users to See All Users toggle, which allows users to view information on all other registered users in the workspace's Directory section. When disabled, users will only see other users in their own group.
- The Allow Site Admin to See All Users toggle, which only allows Site admins to view all workspace users. When disabled, all users will be able to see each other.
- The Allow Site Admin to Edit Site Users toggle, which allows site admins to edit workspace user information. When disabled, site admins will still be able to see user information but won't be able to edit it.
- The Allow Site Admin to Add or Invite Users toggle, which allows site admins to add and invite new users to the workspace. When disabled, site admins won't be able to add users.
Manage workspace host device settings
You can enable the Fix Host Device Public IP toggle to only allow connections to the host device via the authorized, public IP address.
Alternatively, you enable the Restrict Host Device IP toggle to allow host devices with IP addresses on your allow list to connect to the workspace. Click Manage Host Device IP Allow List to specify authorized IP addresses.
Manage WiFi settings
Click on the WiFi tab to access and configure the following settings:
- Workspace SSID: Can be modified but cannot be left empty.
- WiFi Life Time: This establishes a time limit for your WiFi usage. Once surpassed, your WiFi will automatically disconnect. It is set to One day by default.
- Hide SSID: This setting is disabled by default. When enabled, users will be unable to see your WiFi in their available network list.
- Allow All Users to Connect by Default: This is enabled by default but can be disabled.
- Require Location Detection When Connecting to WiFi: This is disabled by default. When enabled, only users within a certain proximity of the workspace can connect to its WiFi.
- Location Detection Range: Set the location detection range anywhere between 500 and 2,000 meters.
Manage Access settings
Click the Access tab to access and configure the following settings:
- Advanced Security - UA Card Only: This is disabled by default. When enabled, all UniFi Access devices in the UID system will only scan UA Cards. Existing, third-party NFC cards that have been registered in the UniFi Access application will no longer be able to unlock Access devices and new NFC cards will not be able to be registered in the Access application.
- For more information on all of the access modes in the UniFi Access application, see UniFi Access - Getting started.
- Capture: This is disabled by default. When enabled, the UA Pro's camera will capture a brief video of entrants when they open the door.
- Auto-refresh Users'Mobile Access Token: This is the specified amount of time that will pass before the UID Agent will refresh each user's mobile access token to ensure maximum security. This can be between one and three months, depending on your preference.
- Notify Owner and Super Admin of Doorbell and New Device: Enable this toggle if you would like to notify the Owner and Super Admins of a new doorbell and device adoptions. Disable it if you would only like to notify site admins of these events.
Configure user support
In the Settings > Support section, you can configure how workspace users receive internal technical support. Support channel information will be displayed at the bottom of the workspace's web page.
You can configure the following technical support options:
- Technical Contact: The email address of your technical support team's point of contact.
- Support Phone (optional): The phone number for your technical support team.
- Help Link (optional): If a URL is provided, the Help link in the application's footer will direct users to it when they click.
Manage your notification preferences
Click the bell icon at the top-right corner of the UID Agent application or the UI mobile/desktop applications to see all your notifications.
By default, all activity notifications are enabled and can be changed by users. Once disabled, you will no longer receive any push notifications but will still be able to view them in the notifications list.
To manage what type of activities you want to be notified of:
- Log in to the UID Admin Portal.
- Click your avatar/initials icon > Manage Your Account > Notification Preference.
- Enable or disable the notifications' toggles up to your liking.
Transfer the workspace ownership
Note: The workspace ownership can be transferred only from the workspace Owner to a Super Admin.
To transfer the ownership of the workspace:
- Log in to the UID Admin Portal and navigate to Settings > Workspace.
- Click Transfer Ownership, look up and select the Super Admin you would like to transfer the ownership to, and click Transfer to complete the transfer.
Set up and configure other UID features
Some of UID's key features include:
- UID WiFi
- UID VPN
- UID Access
- Help Desk.
To learn how to set up these workspace features and more, see UniFi IDentity - Use UniFi IDentity.