Each UniFi Talk subscription comes with a local, verified USA-based phone number that supports emergency calling. Each number offers 3,000 minutes' worth of inbound and outbound callings within the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
While setting up the UniFi Talk system, you will have the option to purchase a subscription with a dedicated phone number for each UniFi Talk phone connected to the system. If you have multiple phones connected during the setup, you can choose to set up additional phones with extensions only and add them to a call group to share a phone number after setup.
In this article, you'll find instructions for the following processes:
Purchase and assign new phone subscriptions after setup
- Buying additional phone number(s) in the UniFi Talk Controller:
- Open the Numbers section of the UniFi Talk Controller.
- Click the Purchase new numbers tab at the top of the screen.
- Select the area codes from the respective drop-down menus.
- Select the desired phone number from the available numbers listed in the drop-down menu, or type your preferred number into the field to see if it is available to select.
- Repeat this process to add more number(s), and click Next once you have selected all desired number(s).
- To assign newly purchased phone number(s):
- Click the Manage your numbers tab at the top of the Numbers section.
- Hover your cursor over the desired phone number listing and click Assign when it appears.
- Select the user and device that will be paired with the new number from the respective drop-down fields, then click Confirm.
Cancel your UniFi Talk Phone subscriptions
A UniFi Talk subscription can be cancelled at any time by:
- Opening the Numbers section of the UniFi Talk Controller.
- Hover your cursor over the desired phone number listing and click on Delete link, then click the Delete button in the confirmation pop-up window.
Please note that will remove the number from your controller and cancel its UniFi Talk subscription.
You will still be charged for leasing the number during the current billing period.