Each UniFi Talk subscription comes with a local, verified USA-based phone number that supports emergency calling. Each number offers 3,000 monthly minutes for worldwide inbound calls and outbound calls to the US, Canada, and Mexico.
While setting up the UniFi Talk system, you will have the option to purchase a subscription with a dedicated number for each UniFi Talk phone connected to the system. If you have multiple phones connected during the setup, you can choose to set up additional phones with extensions only and add them to a group to share a number after setup. Each UniFi Talk number supports unlimited concurrent calls, with a limit of one outgoing call per second.
- Currently, UniFi Talk subscriptions are only available in the US, but we are working on bringing the service to other territories and countries.
- Monthly minutes are shared by all active numbers managed by your UniFi Talk application. Local extension calling is free and does not require a UniFi Talk subscription.
- $0.02/min beyond the first 3,000 minutes. International calls start at $0.01/min. View our international calling rates.
In this article, you’ll find instructions for the following processes:
- Purchasing and assigning new numbers after setup
- Removing numbers and canceling a UniFi Talk subscription
Purchasing and assigning new numbers after setup
1. Purchasing additional number(s) in the UniFi Talk application:
- Click the Settings tab on the UniFi Talk application.
- Click the Numbers and Subscriptions tab and then click Purchase New Numbers at the top of the screen.
- Search for or select an area code from the respective drop-down menu.
- Select the desired number from the available numbers listed in the drop-down menu, or type your preferred number into the field to see if it is available to select.
- Repeat this process to add more numbers. Once you have selected all desired numbers, click Next and complete your purchase.
Note: While we work hard to maintain a wide variety of numbers in our inventory, we can't guarantee your preferred number(s) will be in stock at the time of your purchase.
2. To assign newly purchased phone number(s):
- Click the Users and Groups tab.
- Click on the user you wish to assign a number to.
- Select the Manage tab and then scroll down to the Manage drop-down menu.
- Expand the Change Number drop-down menu and assign a number to this user.
Removing numbers and canceling a UniFi Talk subscription
A UniFi Talk subscription can be modified or canceled at any time.
If you have access to the UniFi Talk application:
- Open the Numbers and Subscriptions section of the UniFi Talk application’s settings.
- Go to the Manage Numbers section at the top of the screen.
- In order to delete a number, it must first be unassigned from the Smart Attendant, if applicable.
- Select the checkbox(es) next to the number(s) you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete button that appears to complete the deletion process.
Note: This method will remove the number from your UniFi Talk subscription. You will not be refunded for the current billing cycle. Delete all numbers to cancel your UniFi Talk subscription entirely.
Alternatively, you can cancel your UniFi Talk subscription and remove all associated numbers from your Ubiquiti account page:
- Access your account by logging in at account.ui.com.
- Select Subscriptions and locate your UniFi Talk subscription.
- Press the “X” that displays to the right of your subscription and click Confirm to cancel it.
Note: This method will cancel your UniFi Talk subscription and remove all associated UniFi Talk numbers from your account. You will not be refunded for the current billing cycle.