The UniFi Access Controller lets you manage every aspect of your UniFi Access setup.
For a step by step guide on setting up the UniFi Access Controller, see UniFi Access - Set up the UniFi Access Controller.
- Manage devices and doors
- Manage users and NFC cards
- Manage access schedules and policies
- Manage visitors
- View events and user activity
- Back up and restore UniFi Access data
Manage devices and doors
The Devices section lets you manage UniFi Access devices, such as Hubs (UA-Hub) and Readers (UA-Pro / UA-Lite).
You can also create door groups to apply different access settings to different groups of doors.
For more detailed guides on managing Access devices, see the following articles:
Manage users and NFC cards
The Users section lets you add and manage UniFi Access users and NFC cards.
For more information about managing users and adding new NFC cards to your setup, see the following articles:
Manage access schedules and policies
The Policies section lets you create access schedules and policies to specify the way your users and visitors access your locations.
For more information about creating schedules and policies, see UniFi Access - Manage access schedules and policies.
Visitors are users with temporary access rights who can use their NFC card to access your locations according to a specific access schedule.
For more information about managing visitors, see UniFi Access - Manage visitors.
View events and user activity
The Events section lets you view various events, such as door access logs, UA-Pro captures and user activity.
Back up and restore UniFi Access data
Only users with Owner permissions can back up and restore UniFi Access data.
To back up UniFi Access data:
- Visit Access Settings > Backups and Recovery > Back Up
- Click Download on the pop-up window to download the backup zip file.
To restore UniFi Access data:
- Visit Access Settings > Backups and Recovery > Restore from Backup
- Click Restore from Backup and upload a UniFi Access backup archive
- After the archive has been uploaded, confirm the action by clicking Restore Backup
After the restoration process is complete, you will see the confirmation in a pop-up window.