This article describes how to add, configure, and gather information from a new UA-Hub or access reader device (UA-Pro/UA-Lite) using your UniFi Access application.
- Add UniFi Access devices
- Manage the UA-Hub
- Manage the UA-Pro/UA-Lite
- Reboot and forget devices in the UniFi Access application
- Update the devices
Add the UniFi Access devices
To add the UniFi Access devices to your Access application:
- Navigate to the Devices section and click Add Devices.
- Select the device(s) you would like to add. If your devices are wired correctly and powered on, you should see them on this page.
Note: Different devices have different indicators of being ready for setup:
- The UA-Lite will show a white LED indicator
- The UA-Pro screen will show a "UA-Pro has not been set up" message
- Edit the details for the new devices:
- Enter the name of the door and floor in the UA-Hub settings.
- You can modify the direction (e.g., entry, exit) of the UA-Pro and UA-Lite as needed.
- Click Add Devices to finish adding the devices.
If the device is added successfully, it will display a blue LED indicator and a confirmation will appear on the top right corner of the page.
NFC card access method is enabled by default if you're setting up UA-PRO or UA-LITE.
Manage the UA-Hub
Go to the Devices section on the Access application and select any configured UA-Hub device to go to its Properties panel.
In the Overview tab, you can see the UA-Hub connections and basic information about each connected device, and the door status (if the door position switch relay has been configured).
Click Check Wiring to view the wiring connection of the UA-Hub.
Modify the device information
In the Config tab, you can modify the name of the door (and its floor or zone) being managed by that UA-Hub.
You can also configure the hold time. This is the time between when the UA-Hub unlocks and then locks the door again. The default hold time is 5 seconds, but can be modified to anything between 1s to 60s.
View the access activities log
In the Activity tab, you can view the records of door opening and access activities log of the UA-Hub. This includes the name of the NFC cardholder (N/A will be shown for Wave Mode), what method was used for access (NFC or Wave mode), and the direction (exit or entry).
Manage the UA-Pro/UA-Lite
You can get to the UA-Pro / UA-Lite reader information management page two ways on the Devices section:
- Select a UA-Pro or UA-Lite to pull out its properties panel.
- Select a UA-Hub > Overview tab > click Edit on the reader section you wish to access.
In the About tab, you can view the basic information of UA-Pro and UA-Lite.
In the General tab, you can modify the direction and access methods of the UA readers.
Reboot and forget devices in the UniFi Access application
To reboot or forget the devices:
- Go to the Devices section and select the device.
- On its Properties panel, select the Manage tab.
- Reboot or forget the device:
- Click Reboot device to reboot the device.
- Click Forget device to reset a device back to the default settings and delete it from the Access application.
Note: If you forget a UA-Hub, this will also delete the UA-Pro and UA-Lite linked to the UA-Hub.
Update the devices
Manually update the devices
To update the devices:
- Go to the Devices section and check if any devices need updating. Devices that need to be updated will display an update icon on the line of the device.
- Update your devices:
- If you'd like to update all your devices at once, click the update icon right by the "Firmware" column title.
- If you'd like to update the devices one by one, click the update icon right next to the specific device's firmware version.
Mandatory firmware updates
Sometimes a firmware update will be mandatory for security reasons. In that case, a pop-up window requiring a firmware update will appear and the firmware download process will start.
To complete the mandatory firmware update:
- Wait for the firmware update to get downloaded. You can click Minimize to avoid interfering with other features while waiting for the download.
- Click Upgrade after the device upgrade package is downloaded. All the devices that can be upgraded will pop up, click the Upgrade button to start upgrading the devices. You can Minimize the window during the upgrade process if needed.
Note: The pop-up window will close automatically after the device upgrade is completed.