This is an article about the Ubiquiti Payment Gateway (UPG), providing information about its settings, benefits, and features. UPG is currently only available for UNMS Cloud users located in the USA, but the plan is to extend the offering to other countries down the road.
Table of Contents
- Ubiquiti Payment Gateway Benefits
- How to Set Up the Ubiquiti Payment Gateway
- Auto-Payments and Fine Tuning
Ubiquiti Payment Gateway Benefits
The Ubiquiti Payment Gateway (UPG) for UNMS's CRM enables ISPs to set up online payments with ease, no difficult registration or configuration needed. Creating a third party online payment gateway account and linking it with UNMS is no longer necessary. UPG facilitates this within a few clicks, and on top of that, the UPG offers an industry-leading processing fee of 1.9%+30c per transaction. Set UPG up, no contract needed, no hidden fees, and your clients can start paying online or setting credit card auto-payments for their services right away.
How to Set Up the Ubiquiti Payment Gateway
The UPG is very simple to use. There is no need to set up accounts with other payment gateways, use a separate site to manage your subscriptions or manually link third party payment gateways to UNMS. Simply activate the UPG with a few clicks following this procedure:
1. Launch UNMS and go to Organization settings in CRM > Settings > Organization. Check that the country is set to USA and currency to USD.
2. Select the UPG section in the Organization settings and click the "Learn more" button.
3. Now review the UPG details, Terms & Conditions, and start the onboarding wizard. The onboarding process gathers the necessary information about your company: most importantly your bank account or credit card, which will be used for regular payouts (payments from clients processed by the UPG will be sent to the set bank account regularly).
4. And that’s it! Once the onboarding wizard is completed successfully, your clients can immediately begin to pay with a credit card and you will be able to see the payments in CRM and the payouts in the UPG dashboard.
Auto-Payments and Fine Tuning
After set up, you can do some additional configuration to make the user experience even better.
Set Up Auto-Payments
Enabling clients to pay online with their credit card is fine, but you can enable Autopay so that the credit card info can be set just once and all the further payments will be charged automatically based on recurring invoices.
Activate it in the Billing settings, under Invoicing:
Autopay can be set to trigger on the invoice creation date or on the invoice due date. No more need to keep track of due dates! That’s it. Now each client, or a UNMS administrator can link the clients' credit card information to their CRM account to be used for all future auto-payments. Additionally, the saved credit card will remain available in the client's account and can be used by them for any manual exceptional charges as well.
Create a Statement Descriptor
Go to the Organization settings, within the Ubiquiti Payment Gateway section and provide a "Statement descriptor". This name will appear in the client's bank or credit card statement, making it easier for them to identify charges made by your company.
Use Other Payment Gateways Simultaneously
Although we recommend using UPG to maximize your profit and improve user experience, you can still use other gateways simultaneously. This might be helpful when you are already using another gateway for Payment Subscriptions and you want to migrate to the UPG with Auto-Payments step by step.
For setting up other payment gateways, please use the step-by-step in-app guides accessible at <yourdomain>/crm/help/online-payment-gateways.