EdgeSwitch XP - How to Reset to Factory Defaults
Readers will learn how to reset an EdgeSwitch XP (ES-XP) to the factory default settings.
- Applicable to the EdgeSwitch XP models (ES-5XP / ES-8XP / ES-16XP).
Using the Reset Button
The EdgeSwitch XP can be reset to factory defaults by holding the reset button while the device is running.
To perform a runtime reset, follow the steps below:
1. Plug in the power cable.
2. Wait until the device has fully booted.
3. Press and hold the reset button for around ~10 seconds until the amber (right) LED of the MGMT port starts blinking.
4. The amber (right) LED of the MGMT port will blink 4 times, indicating that the device is being reset.
5. Wait for the reset process to complete, during which the EdgeSwitch XP will automatically reboot.
Connecting an Ethernet cable from the management port on the EdgeSwitch XP to a Workstation.
6. Connect an Ethernet cable from the management (MGMT) port of the EdgeSwitch XP directly to your computer.
7. Assign a static IP address to your computer's network interface, for example 192.168.1.10/24.
8. Access the device by navigating to the https://192.168.1.20 address using a Web browser.
EdgeSwitch XP - How to Upgrade the Firmware
EdgeSwitch XP - How to Upgrade the Firmware via the CLI