This article provides instructions on how to enter Rescue Mode, Reset to Defaults and Edit the IP of the TFTP Server.
- TFTP Server (locally installed)
- Rescue image downloadable by clicking here: (.bin file firmware 1.0.12)
Table of Contents
Rescue Mode is used to prevent the UVP-Flex phone from experiencing a system crash when it cannot boot normally. To enable this mode, a specific key should be pressed while booting the phone. Once the mode is activated, the user will need to enter a specific Rescue Mode PIN as if it were the password. When the password PIN is identified as correct, the phone will start to download the image from the TFTP server. To change the IP address of the TFTP server, use the IP Setup PIN and enter the IP address before running the rescue mode.
Reset Defaults helps the user to reset the phone while booting. After reset, the phone will become unknown on UniFi Talk and the user has to Forget the device on Controller and Assign the device again.
Default Server & Network Topology
- The default server IP is 192.168.1.240
- The default IP of UVP-Flex is 192.168.1.20
- The name of the image is "uvp-flex_rescue_v1.0.bin"
Steps: How to Enter Rescue Mode or Reset to Defaults
- Enter rescue mode by rebooting the phone and holding the "#" key for three seconds.
- The LCD will prompt for a pin. Enter one of the following PINs, depending on what option you wish to use:
- Reset to Defaults: 123456#
- Rescue Mode: 8268# (ubnt)
- Set up IP of TFTP Server: 472337# (ipaddr)
Reset to Defaults
- PIN: will show on the LCD and Enter the Reset to Default PIN.
- If pin is entered correctly a confirmation will appear. Otherwise, the phone will reboot.
- PIN: will show on the LCD screen and Enter Rescue Mode PIN. If the PIN is entered incorrectly the phone will reboot.
Once the PIN is correctly entered, The following information will show on the LCD:
- “PIN OK!! RESTORE FIRMWARE...”
- “DOWNLOAD RESCUE FIRMWARE...”
- “ERASE FLASH...”
- “RESTORE RESCUE FIRMWARE ...”
- “RESCUE MODE DONE. REBOOTING...”
- The info of TFTP server will also be displayed “TFTP SERVER: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” on the top.
Set Up IP of TFTP Server
- PIN: will show on the LCD and Enter Setup IP of TFTP server PIN
Once PIN is correct, The LCD will show:
- “PIN OK!! SET SERVER IP...”
The "SERVER IP:" will show on LCD and the user could use the following to enter the IP address:
- Digit 0-9 for IP address
- Star key ( * ) for "."
- Pound key ( # ) once finished
- For example: IP 192.168.1.100, press 1, 9, 2, STAR, 1, 6, 8, STAR, 1, STAR, 1, 0, 0, pound.
Once the server IP is set, the UVP-Flex will be set a new IP that is in the same subnet.
- Setting server IP = 192.168.1.X, if X > 200, the client IP will be set as 192.168.1.20 automatically. Otherwise, the client IP will be set as 192.168.1.220.
- If IP is correct "SAVED SERVER IP!! REBOOTING..." will show on LCD.
- If IP is NOT correct "INVALID SERVER IP!! REBOOTING..." will show on LCD.
- Once the IP is correct, the IP will be saved and the phone will reboot.