This article outlines the steps necessary to setup a UVC-G3-Micro fresh out of the box via WiFi. For older models, or in some cases devices that have been reset to defaults, the G3-Micro will not broadcast a WiFi network for adoption. If that is the case, please set it up via bluetooth and the mobile app, following instructions in the UVC-G3-Micro Quick Start Guide.
Table of Contents
Steps: How to Set Up a UVC-G3-Micro
1.When you first plug in a UVC-G3-Micro, it will broadcast its own open WiFi network that you can connect to. Look for a network named "Setup UVC G3 Micro (****)" and connect to it.
2. Open Google Chrome and browse to http://192.168.1.20
3. Login with the default credentials of UBNT (ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt).
4. Proceed through the Wizard.
5. In the Network step, select the SSID you want the UVC-G3-Micro to associate to, then enter the Security Key (password). Click Continue.
If your UniFi-Video installation is on the same network, it should automatically see your new UVC-G3-Micro as a manageable device.
6. Navigate to your UniFi Video Installation via IP address or via cloud, at https://video.ui.com.
7. Click on the UVC-G3-Micro within UniFi-Video and manage it. If prompted, the credentials at this point should still be ubnt/ubnt or root/ubnt.
(ARCHIVED) UniFi Video - How to Install UFV Version 3.x+ on a Legacy airVision NVR
UniFi Video - How to Adopt a Remote Camera that is not Displaying in the NVR
(ARCHIVED) UniFi Video - How to Wirelessly Associate the UVC-Micro