This article describes the Network requirements for the UniFi LED controller and its related products. For initial setup, please see the specific product's Quick Start Guide, found at the bottom of each product page when navigating from UniFi LED's products page.
When setting up the UniFi LED lighting system, we recommend the following:
- Disable IGMP snooping on every VLAN utilizing UniFi LED products Settings > Networks > Edit Network > IGMP Snooping.
- Pair each UDIM unit with no more than 128 ULED units.
- Separate ULED installations by VLAN, with subnet masks of /25, or 255.255.255.128.
- Disable Auto-Optimize Network under Settings > Site > Auto-Optimize Network.
- For UDIM/ULED AC variants, enable wireless AP multicasting by disabling Multicast and Broadcast Filtering manually. This can be disabled in Settings > Wireless Networks > EDIT WIRELESS NETWORK > Multicast and Broadcast Filtering. It must be done after Auto-Optimize Network has been disabled (see previous recommendation), otherwise it will be grayed out in the Controller.