Before beginning a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process, please go through these common troubleshooting steps to ensure the device is truly defective.
Common troubleshooting steps for a defective device
Please refer to your device's Quick Start Guide (QSG) when trying out the steps below (download the QSG in the Downloads page).
- Power the unit using the designated power supply
- Swap the power supply, the Ethernet cable, or PoE port:
- If the device still doesn't power on, please submit an RMA request
- If the device powers on, proceed to Step 3
- Factory reset the device as per the device's QSG
- Access the user interface and configure the device
- If this is a UniFi product, update the UniFi OS Console and the specific application's version to the most recent one. Check if after that the device can be adopted/managed.
Submit an RMA request
If the device does not power on and none of the steps above helped correct the issue, you'll need to submit an RMA request.
To begin the RMA process, fill the form on https://rma.ui.com/, and our RMA team will be in touch with further details.