Port Remapping feature on various UniFi Security Gateway (USG) models is used to configure which of the ISP uplinks is WAN1 and which is WAN2.
The following USG models can support the port configurations noted below:
- 1 WAN port + 3 LAN ports
- 2 WAN ports + 2 LAN ports
- 1 WAN port + 2 LAN ports
- 2 WAN ports + 1 LAN port
- 1 WAN port + 8 LAN ports
- 2 WAN ports + 7 LAN ports
WAN remapping is available in current release of UDM-Pro. This article describes how to configure Port Remapping on various USG models.
Remap the WAN and LAN ports
To configure the Port Remapping feature on a USG on the UniFi Network Controller's web UI:
- Navigate to the Devices > USG > Ports > WAN > Configure Interfaces section to assign the WAN and LAN networks to the ports.
- If the WAN and LAN networks are not listed, then create it first in the Settings > Internet > WAN Networks and Settings > Networks > Local Networks > LAN sections.
- To switch the WAN and LAN Networks, first change the Port Network to Disabled or another value. The network is then free to be remapped to a different port.
- Apply the changes.
- Navigate to the Devices > USG > Details section to verify that the WAN and LAN interface(s) are up and have an IP address assigned.
Note: If the WAN interface is showing Down/Disconnected or does not have an IP address assigned, then it is possible that your WAN settings do not match the ones provided by your ISP.