These are the minimum system requirements for the UniFi Network Controller to run optimally. It is important to read the Release Notes of each software version release. It will include any special considerations to keep in mind. A link to the Release Notes will he available in the Downloads page along with the corresponding software version, or find past Release Notes in the UniFi Updates Blog.
When hosting on computer or server:
- Operating System:
- Linux: Ubuntu Desktop / Server 16.04; Debian 9 "Stretch"
- Windows: Windows 10; Windows Server 2016
- macOS: Mavericks 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina.
- CPU: x86-64 Processor (Intel / AMD x64 Processors)*
- RAM: 2GB*
- Network: 100Mbps Wired Ethernet*
- HDD: Minimum 10GB free (20GB or more preferred)*
- Java: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8. Java 8 does not come bundled with the UniFi Network Controller software after version 5.11.47, so this must be installed separately. The UniFi Network Controller does not support Java 9.
- Web Browser: Google Chrome
- MongoDB: version 3.2 or later. Mongo is offered bundled: default is 2.4.14 (for macOS and Windows only).
*Actual Storage, CPU, RAM, and Network speed requirements will depend on many factors including the number of UniFi devices managed by the controller, number of clients, features enabled, and data retention settings. For database repair, you require free space equal to the current database size, plus 2GB.