Are LTU products compatible with other airMAX or airFiber products?
LTU is proprietary platform, which doesn't use 802.11 protocol, making it incompatible with 802.11n and 802.11ac devices. For that reason it is not compatible with airMAX M5 nor with airMAX 5AC. On the other hand, although LTU is based on airFiber technology, it uses a different protocol for communication, making it incompatible with other 5GHz airFiber products such as AF-5X or AF-5/5U.
Does LTU support licensed frequencies in the United States?
Currently, the LTU products are capable of operating on both 4.9GHz and 6GHz bands but are not approved for these licensed bands under FCC regulations.
What products are part of the LTU family?
- AF-5XHD (PTP Only)
What is the input voltage range of the airFiber LTU products?
LTU-Rocket/AF-5XHD: +18 - +56VDC
LTU CPEs (LTU-Lite, LTU-Pro, LTU-LR) +22 - +26VDC
Does AF-5XHD support NxN mode?
What is the difference between the AF-5XHD and the AF-LTU?
- Dual RJ45 port only available in the AF-5XHD. Both ports can be used for PoE IN and the Config port can be configured to also work as DATA port, but both RJ45 ports don't support bonding.
- Connectorization: AF-5XHD comes with 3 RP-SMA ports, the one in the middle for GPS, and the other two for chain 0 and chain 1, for antennas like the RocketDish or AF-5G23/30/34-S45 antennas. On the other hand, the AF-LTU comes with a waveguide connector for waveguide antennas, like the PrismAP antennas. Also, the AF-LTU comes with a built-in GPS antenna.
- Only the AF-5XHD offers IP67 protection (optional adapter could be required)
Note: AF-5XHD chains can work in V&H or Dual Slant polarization depending on
What are the differences between the AF-5X and the AF-5XHD
AF-5XHD includes all AF-5X features, including NxN mode & TDD Frequency Split (both under development for the HD version), plus:
- 1024QAM modulation on the entire 5GHz band (4096QAM modulation currently available for PTP platform, planned for PTMP)
- Extended frequency range from 4800MHz to 6200MHz for licensed applications (only for International units)
- Built-in Accelerometer for better alignment and tampering detection
- Bluetooth for easier configuration from Smartphones
- Up to 1+Gbps performance and 2,000,000 PPS processing power
- More channel width options up to 60, 80 & 100MHz channels
- Improved interference mitigation
- Active Live airView (doesn't drop the wireless link for scan)
- More powerful Web UI
- Dual PoE IN
- Re-configurable Config port to operate as DATA port
- Among many others
What antennas are compatible with each LTU product?
What LTU models support Station mode?
LTU-Lite, LTU-LR, LTU-Pro, LTU-XR
What LTU models support Access Point (AP) PtMP mode?
What is the maximum number of CPE per AP in LTU PtMP mode?
What kind of services are supported in LTU networks?
- High-Speed Internet
- IP Video surveillance
- Machine to Machine communication based on TCP/IP
What is the maximum link distance in Point to Point (PtP) and Point to MultiPoint (PtMP) Modes?
- The antenna gain of each side (the higher the antenna gain the longer the link)
- Tx Power (the higher the Tx Power in most cases will allow longer distance links). This value is determined by your country and could vary depending on the frequency you are using.
- In order to simulate the expected link capacity for your link, please simulate it using our free link planning tool, ISP Design Center
- Always select the right country code for your installation, using a different country code could violate local telecommunication laws and involve high fines.
What is the expected latency?
How do I synchronize my network?
GPS Sync only needs to be enabled in the Access Point, there's no need to enable it on the CPEs. Simply enable the GPS Sync option in the Wireless section and make sure Duty Cycle and Frame Length is the same in all the APs you wish to synchronize, like so:
Most of the data on my network is "download heavy", why can't I have higher ratios like 85/15 or 95/5 for example?
TCP-based download traffic requires TCP ACKs to be sent using the UL. In a PtMP network, there will be multiple TCP downloads going on, each requiring TCK ACKs being sent using the UL. Having enough time on the UL to allow multiple CPEs to send TCP acknowledgments, reduces the latency experienced by TCP, thereby increases the actual DL throughput.
As an example:
There are 50 clients connected to an AP. If 10 of these clients are simultaneously downloading and the UL allocation is extremely small like in 95/5, the UL time may only be enough to carry the TCP ACKs of one of the stations. The others will need to wait for their turn, which will arrive according to the TDD framing cycle. But during this time the TCP may stall its window and not send any further traffic until the ACKs are received. This causes underutilization of DL.
Hence extremely low UL allocations may end up reducing the effective throughput of the DL on larger PtMP networks.
What is Link Management functionality?
With the AF-5XHD, we bring an easier way to manage your PTP links via a centralized link management option. With this enabled, you only have to change wireless settings once. To enable, first configure your two AF-5XHDs to connect the initial link. Once the link has been established, verify Link Management is enabled on the Master's System tab as shown in the screenshot below.
Once enabled, you should see the "Connected" icon next to your Link Settings.
If you log into the Slave, you will see "This device is managed by Master."
Now, you may make any future changes to this link via the Master as long as the link is established. If the link drops, all settings will be available to both Master and Slave.
Is GPS Sync built in or is there a cost associated with it?
GPS Sync is built in, there is no cost to use this technology.
Can I manage & monitor my LTU products with UISP?
Yes, UISP monitoring & configuration (most important settings) for LTU products.
What is the maximum MTU size allowed by LTU products?
LTU products support up to 1600 bytes in the DATA interface in bridge mode and 1500 bytes in router mode.
Does LTU support SNMP?
Yes, MIBs can be downloaded here for airFiber®5XHD firmware v1.1.2.
Can you connect the AF5X to the AF5XHD?
No, the AF5XHD is based on a new, cutting-edge architecture that is incompatible with the AF5X predecessor.