This article describes how to enable plugins to extend the functionality of the UISP CRM module.
Table of Contents
- About CRM Plugins for UISP
- How to Enable Plugins
- CRM Plugin Creation and Documentation
- Related Articles
About CRM Plugins for UISP
Plugins are open-source programs that extend the functionality of CRM. Plugins can be used for example to import new payments from your bank account to CRM, synchronize CRM data with other systems, and much more. There are several plugins included in the UISP CRM installation that can be manually enabled or disabled, see the section below. Some of the included plugins provide functionality such as:
- Automatic bank data imports
- Integration with external accounting software
- Enhanced integration with third-party hardware and tools
- Custom data modifications and bulk actions
- Various exports or imports
- SMS notifications
It is also possible to upload custom plugins to CRM.
Plugins can potentially contain dangerous code. We recommend only use plugins that were obtained from official sources.
How to Enable Plugins
1. Navigate to the CRM > System > Plugins section.
2. Install the desired plugin. It is recommended to use the Learn more option if you are not sure what a plugin does.
3. Enable the plugin and configure its settings.
Plugin Information and Documentation
These plugins are under MIT license enabling anyone to contribute any upgrades to existing plugins or create new ones. Plugins are PHP programs and are automatically executed based on a user-defined period, or rendering a page accessible from the system menu (both in the admin and client zone), or rendering a publicly accessible page.
- Visit the GitHub developer documentation section if you are interested in creating a plugin.
- GitHub also has more information on the plugin file structure and security settings.
- You can also discuss plugins on the Ubiquiti Community and interact with other experts that are active on the forum.