Readers will learn how to use the UNMS CRM Sandbox Mode features.
- This article focuses on the CRM module that is included in UNMS.
- The Sandbox Mode page has been removed starting from the v1.0.0 UNMS release.
- The CRM installation wizard will also no longer prompt you to enable Sandbox Mode.
- Sandbox emails and payment gateways can still be manually enabled and a notification is displayed on the CRM Dashboard if either feature is enabled.
- Join the UNMS discussion on the Ubiquiti Communityand interact with other experts that are active on forum.
Table of Contents
Sandbox E-mails and Payment Gateways
The UNMS CRM Sandbox Mode options allow you to try out the CRM features without running the risk of sending out testing invoices or other data to their clients. The Sandbox Mode consists of two features:
E-mail RedirectionAll outgoing emails (invoices, notifications, etc) will be sent to a specified address instead of their original address.
Payment Gateway TestingAll payment gateways such as Stripe or PayPal can be individually switched to testing mode.
The Sandbox Mode allows you to test CRM using real data, but all the emails will be sent to the redirected address. This allows you to really try out the complete experience, and even see what your clients would be looking at.
Enabling and Disabling the Sandbox Mode
Follow the steps below to enable the Sandbox Mode features:
1. For email redirection, navigate to the CRM > System > Settings > Mailer section.
2. Specify the email address that should be used for redirection:
Sandbox redirect address: <e-mail address>
3. For payment gateway testing, navigate to the CRM > System > Organizations > Edit section.
4. Expand the options of the individual payment gateways, enable the Sandbox Mode option, and specify the authentication settings.
When you're ready to use UNMS CRM in live production mode you can either manually remove/disable the options above reset your data in the System > Tools > Factory reset section.