This article provides you step-by-step instructions to enable Intercom mode on the UVP.
- UVP App version 4.6.6 or greater.
- PBX that supports Adding/Editing SIP Headers (Call-Info).
Table of Contents
The Intercom feature allows the user's phone to ring for inbound calls that are not supposed to be intercom calls. If you do not require the use of the phone other than as an intercom, use the Auto-answer feature. Selecting Auto-Answer does not require modifying the Call-Info SIP Header.
How to Enable Intercom
1. Tap the Vertical Ellipse ().
2. Enter the Settings Menu.
3. Tap the Call Settings Menu.
4. Tap Incoming call action.
5. Select Intercom.
PBX Configuration Example
Asterisk will be used in this example to configure the proper SIP headers for intercom.
1. Add the following instruction to the inbound context for the extension that will be intercom.
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0) ;Intercom
2. Save the configuration file and reload the configurations on Asterisk. The phone should now automatically answer the call on speakerphone.