This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade the UVP App/Platform firmware manually on UVP/UVP Pro/UVP Executive devices for versions prior than 4.6.4.
Table of Contents
This article is intended for UniFi VoIP users who do not use the UniFi VoIP GUI to manage and upgrade Phone-App/Platform image. It is an alternative way to perform an upgrade. The GUI Upgrade method will be covered in the final section of this article. Before you begin, please check the Platform and Phone-App version you are currently on.
- To find the UVP Platform version: go to Settings (gear icon) > About UniFi VoIP phone > UVP Version
- To find the Phone-App version: go to Phone-App (phone icon) > Settings > About > Version
How to Upgrade UVP Manually
1. Make sure your UVP is booted up and connected to the Internet.
2. Enable the "allow installation of apps from unknown sources" option, by navigating to Settings > Security, and checking the box for Unknown sources.
3. Once the "Unknown sources" is enabled, a warning will appear: "Your phone and personal data are more vulnerable to attack by apps from unknown sources". Press OK to complete this step. When the manual upgrade process is completed, return here and disable this setting.
4. Launch Chrome browser to download the two apks (SipService.apk / UnifiPhone.apk) from links below. Tap the links below to start the download.
5. Install UnifiPhone.apk. Once you've downloaded above the apks successfully, drag down the status bar on the left side and press the UnifiPhone.apk download complete notification to install.
6. Click Install.
7. Once UnifiPhone.apk has been installed, click "Done".
8. To Install SipService.apk (Click "Install"). Like UnifiPhone.apk, you need to drag down the status bar and press the SipService.apk download notification.
9. Once SipService.apk has been installed, Click "Done".
10. Upgrade Platform. In the About section, click Check update. An update dialogue will appear prompting to Download and Update now. Press OK. You can drag down the status bar to see the downloading progress.
11. Once downloading is complete, the UVP device will reboot automatically to start to update the Platform image. Check that the version has been updated following the steps mentioned in the Introduction.
How to Upgrade UVP with UniFi VoIp GUI
To begin you must make sure the Phone devices (UVP) are managed by the GUI.
1. You can verify this by checking the Devices tab in the GUI.
2. If a newer version is available, an Update button will appear in the Actions column.
3. Click it to begin the download and updating process.
4. After several minutes, the UVP device should return to a connected state with the new version visible in the Devices screen.