Readers will learn how to configure their computer to directly connect to an airMAX radio for initial setup.
Table of Contents
The following instructions assume that the radio is set to factory default values. Please restore to factory defaults before proceeding. This is critical, especially if you are troubleshooting a problem.
Steps: How to Connect to an airMAX Device
- Set your computer to the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). The exact method on how to set a static IP will vary depending on your operating system and version. You can find the exact method for yours online, or you may use one of these tutorials on how to do so on Windows 7 or on Mac OS X as an example.
- Connect the airMAX radio to the port labelled PoE on the power injector. The Ethernet port is auto-sensing. You are not required to use a crossover cable.
- Connect your computer's Ethernet port to the LAN port of the same power injector.
- Once connected, launch your web browser and enter 192.168.1.20 as the "URL" to gain access to the radio's management console.
- Enter ubnt / ubnt for the username / password.
- Now you can begin configuring the radio via the web UI, airOS.