Readers will learn how to add and remove users on EdgeOS, as well as setting up RADIUS authentication.
Table of Contents
- Default Username and Password
- Adding and Removing Users
- Configuring RADIUS Authentication
- Related Articles
Default Username and Password
The default username and password combination for all EdgeRouter models is:
How to Add and Remove Users
1. Log in to the Web UI using the default user account.
2. Navigate to the Users tab and add a new user.
Users > Add User +
Full Name: First and last name (optional)
3. Log out of the system by clicking on the user account name in the top left on the Web UI.
4. Log in again using the newly created credentials.
5. Delete the default user account.
Users > ubnt > Actions > Delete
The above configuration can also be set using the CLI:
1. Log in to the CLI using the default user account.
2. Enter configuration mode.
3. Add a new user and set the privilege level.
set system login user <user> authentication plaintext-password <secret>
set system login user <user> level admin
4. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save
5. Log out of the system.
6. Log in again using the newly created credentials.
7. Delete the default user account.
delete system login user ubnt
8. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save
Configuring RADIUS Authentication
EdgeOS supports login authentication using a RADIUS server. Use the commands below to enable RADIUS authentication:
configure set system login radius-server <ip address> secret <radius key> commit save exit
EdgeRouter - Root User Account
EdgeRouter - Access the CLI from the Web UI
Intro to Networking - How to Establish a Connection Using SSH