Readers will learn how to configure the EdgeRouter to connect to an IPv6 tunnel broker service. This setup enables the EdgeRouter to tunnel IPv6 traffic over a SIT (Simple Internet Transition) encapsulated IPv4 tunnel.
IPv6 Tunnel Broker Setup using Hurricane Electric
In this example, we are using the Hurricane Electric Tunnel Broker service.
1. Create a regular tunnel interface.
2. Enter the current EdgeRouter WAN IP address and select a server.
3. Create the tunnel.
Afterwards, a client IPv6 address and server IPv4 address will be shown in the portal.
1. Enter configuration mode.
2. Create the tunnel interface and set the encapsulation method.
set interfaces tunnel tun0 encapsulation sit
3. Define the local and remote IPv4 endpoints of the tunnel.
set interfaces tunnel tun0 local-ip 203.0.113.1
set interfaces tunnel tun0 remote-ip 192.0.2.1
4. Associate the tunnel interface with the obtained HE client IPv6 address.
set interfaces tunnel tun0 address 2001:db8::2/64
5. Add a default route that routes all IPv6 traffic over the tunnel.
set protocols static interface-route6 ::/0 next-hop-interface tun0
6. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save