EdgeRouter - DHCP Relay
2023-03-25 10:59:59 UTC
Readers will learn how relay DHCP messages from clients to a DHCP server located on a different subnet.
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicable to the latest EdgeOS firmware on all EdgeRouter models.
- All interfaces, including the uplink port, need to be added to the DHCP Relay configuration.
Configuring DHCP Relay
The EdgeRouter will relay (forward) the DHCP requests from the clients in the 192.168.1.0/24 network to the DHCP server at 172.16.1.10.
CLI: Access the Command Line Interface on the EdgeRouter.
1. Enter configuration mode.
2. Enable the DHCP relay functionality on the relevant interfaces.
set service dhcp-relay interface eth1
set service dhcp-relay interface eth2
ATTENTION: Add all interfaces that should participate in the DHCP Relay process, including the uplink port to the DHCP server.
3. Specify the DHCP server where the client requests should be relayed to.
set service dhcp-relay server 172.16.1.10
4. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save
EdgeRouter - DHCP Server Using Dnsmasq
EdgeRouter - Custom DHCP Server Options
Intro to Networking - How to Establish a Connection Using SSH
Was this article helpful?
12" > X found this article helpful38 out of 64 found this helpful