Readers will learn how relay DHCP messages from clients to a DHCP server located on a different subnet.
- Applicable to the latest EdgeOS firmware on all EdgeRouter models.
- All interfaces, including the uplink port, need to be added to the DHCP Relay configuration.
Configuring DHCP Relay
The EdgeRouter will relay (forward) the DHCP requests from the clients in the 192.168.1.0/24 network to the DHCP server at 172.16.1.10.
1. Enter configuration mode.
2. Enable the DHCP relay functionality on the relevant interfaces.
set service dhcp-relay interface eth1
set service dhcp-relay interface eth2
3. Specify the DHCP server where the client requests should be relayed to.
set service dhcp-relay server 172.16.1.10
4. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save