EdgeRouter - How to Configure an Interface
Readers will learn how to configure interfaces and assign IP addresses on the EdgeRouter.
Configuring Interfaces and IP Addresses
The Ethernet port (eth1) will be configured with a static IP address in the 10.0.1.0/24 subnet.
In the factory default setup, the EdgeRouter is accessible on the 192.168.1.1 address on the eth0 interface. See the Beginners Guide to EdgeRouter article for more information on how to establish initial connectivity.
In this example, we will manually create a new LAN IP address range by assigning the 10.0.1.1/24 IP address to the eth1 interface. Instead of configuring all the EdgeRouter settings manually, it is also possible to use one of the setup wizards in the Wizards tab.
1. On the workstation, open a Web Browser and enter https://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
2. Log into the router using the default credentials.
3. Confirm that the device is running the latest firmware from our Downloads page. Make sure to upgrade it before continuing on to the next section.
4. Navigate to the Dashboard tab to modify the eth1 interface settings.
Dashboard > Interfaces > Eth1 > Actions > Config
Address: Manually define IP address > 10.0.1.1/24
Proxy ARP: Unchecked
5. Save the changes.
If a DHCP server is also needed, see the DHCP Server article for the configuration steps.
The above configuration can also be set using the CLI:
1. Enter configuration mode.
2. Delete the existing configuration from the eth1 interface.
delete interfaces ethernet eth1
3. Assign the new LAN IP address to the eth1 interface.
set interfaces ethernet eth1 address 10.0.1.1/24
4. Commit the changes and save the configuration.
commit ; save
EdgeRouter - Beginners Guide to EdgeRouter
EdgeRouter - Create Virtual Interfaces with VLAN IDs
Intro to Networking - How to Establish a Connection Using SSH