There are two ways to reset your camera. The recommended method is to physically reset the device by using the reset button on the camera. Resetting via the WebUI is also possible in most cases. Find both processes described below.
Table of Contents
If you are unable to manage or otherwise configure a camera, it's likely it will need to be reset back to factory settings. Once the reset has been completed, the camera login credentials should revert back to 'ubnt' for both the username and password.
The reset button's location will vary from model to model. Please check the camera's Quick Start Guide to find its specific location. QSGs can be found in the Downloads page. Use a paper clip or a similar object to push the button within the small reset hole.
- While the camera is powered on, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button (the LEDs will stop glowing).
- Do not disconnect the camera from its power source during the reboot process.
- The camera will restore factory settings after a few minutes.
Camera WebUI Reset
Although the physical reset is the recommended method of taking your camera back to factory defaults, sometimes a WebUI reset can be more convenient. Find the camera's IP address via WiFiman, or UniFi Video and then follow the steps below:
- Connect to the camera's IP address in your browser, and log in.
- Go into the System tab.
- Under the Maintenance section you will see the link for Reset to Defaults.
- Click it and wait for your camera to be reset. Don't unplug the device during this process.