This article explains how to join Ubiquiti's Early Access Program, which provides access to the Beta blogs.
Steps to Sign Up
1. Access your account by navigating to https://account.ui.com/ and logging in.
2. In your Account Settings, click on Early Access Programs.
3. Carefully read the Early Access Program Terms of Service and Guidelines by clicking the link to Learn more, and if you are in agreement, check the box to agree to the terms and click on the Join now button.
4. Once you have joined, the agreement checkbox and "Join Now" button will disappear. Log out and back in to activate your beta access.
Beta Community and Releases
There are two separate sections of interest: Community and Releases.
Official support for Beta is provided on the Beta Community. To go post a question or search for help on Beta topics:
- Go to https://community.ui.com/questions
- Toggle from "Official" to the "Beta" group of tags in the left hand tags selector.
Then you can Deselect All and choose only the ones you are interested in. To post in the Beta section, click Create New Topic and select "Beta" under Type, then select which Beta category it should go under by clicking on the tags.
Releases section is where you can download firmware and software releases. To find beta firmware and software, go to https://community.ui.com/releases, and toggle from "Official" to the "Beta" group of tags in the left hand tags selector. Then you can Deselect All and choose only the ones you are interested in. If you don't see any results, make sure the Status drop down does not have Stable selected, since those would be found under the Official tab.
You can configure your UniFi OS Console to notify you and prompt for upgrade, or automatically upgrade to the release channel of your choice (if you have automatic upgrades enabled). To change this from the default Official option (the general audience version) to Release Candidate or Beta, Early Access must be enabled as described earlier in this article.
To change this setting for your UniFi OS Console, go to unifi.ui.com, select your UniFi OS Console, navigate to System Settings > Updates, and choose what branch you wish to stay with in the Release Channel dropdown.
To select what release channel you wish your UniFi Network devices to stay on, launch the UniFi Network application and navigate to Settings > System Settings > Maintenance > Advanced Settings and enable Private Release Channels. Select the release branch of your choice.
Note: Release is the Official general public release.
Accessing the Early Access store
To access the Early Access store, go to https://store.ui.com, and log in (when navigating from the Community to the store, you might have to log in again, verify in the upper right hand corner that you are in). Then click on the Early Access link in the top menu bar. Please remember that the Ubiquiti Networks Early Access store is currently available only for US-based customers.