Migrating cameras to a new UniFi Protect application is a simple process, but follow these steps carefully to ensure you don't lose any valuable recordings or settings.
Migrating to a Different Console Model
For explanation purposes, we'll assume your cameras are adopted to a Cloud Gateway, and you wish to move them to a UNVR.
- Export clips that you want to keep; recordings will not migrate.
- Connect UNVR and ensure it is on the same VLAN as the cameras.
- Ensure a recent backup exists by navigating to OS Settings > Console Settings and selecting Back Up Now.
Stop Protect on the original console by hovering over the Protect icon in OS Settings. See below:
- Restore from the backup on the UNVR.
Migrating to a Replacement Model
To retain video through the migration process, follow these steps carefully:
Set up the new console without HDDs, using the setup wizard.
- To migrate Admins, restore from a cloud backup.
- Ensure firmware and the Protect application are up to date.
- Shut down both consoles. Do this through the application; do not unplug to shut down.
Move HDDs from the old console to the new one.
- Note: Do not add any other new HDDs at this time.
- Power on the new console.
Migrating From UNVR to UNVR-PRO
Follows the same steps as the Replacement Model migration, above. You can add more disks, but only after confirming the migration was successful. Learn more.