UniFi makes it easy to employ a MAC-based access control list in order to restrict unfamiliar devices from accessing your network.
Note: If you have a large number of client devices, or a pre-existing database of MAC Addresses, we recommend RADIUS-Based MAC Authentication (802.1X).
- Navigate to Settings > WiFi > Advanced.
- Select MAC Address Filter.
- Choose whether to build a Deny or Allow List.
- Fill the list with the MAC Address of the device(s) you wish to include.
- Navigate to a UniFi Switch’s Port Manager.
- UniFi Devices > Select a Switch > Port Manager
- Select your port.
- Select Restricted by MAC ID.
- Add the MAC Addresses you wish to allow.
Note: This feature is not available for built-in ports on the UDR, UDM-Pro, UDM-SE or UDW.