Identity Enterprise software management allows IT admins to easily install, uninstall, and manage software for corporate-owned and BYOD Macs and Windows PCs through the Identity Enterprise desktop apps.
After adding software and setting it as mandatory, the software will be automatically installed on the applied users’ devices with the Identity Enterprise desktop apps sign-in.
- Go to Trusted Devices > Software.
- Click the + icon.
- Specify the software name.
- Upload the software logo as needed.
- Upload the software package.
- Select "Windows" or "macOS".
- If you select macOS, enter the software’s Bundle ID. Refer to "Identify the Bundle ID for Mac" below for details.
- Enter the software version.
- Enable "Mandatory" If you want to automatically install the software to the applied users’ devices.
- Select the license type and enter the price if it’s paid. This feature keeps track of the cost of your software.
- Code requirements: Specify the conditions that the system uses to evaluate the code signature and determine if the code is safe to be trusted. If the code fails to satisfy the requirements during evaluation, the code signature validation fails. Refer to "Fetch Code Requirements of Software" below for details.
- Enter the Install Parameter as needed.
- Enter a software description.
- Apply to: Select to apply this software management policy to "All Workspace Users" or "Specific Users".
Activate, Suspend, or Remove Software
- Go to Trusted Devices > Software > Management.
- Select a software and go to Settings > Overview.
- Suspend: When suspended, the system will cease installing the software on the devices of newly applied users. The software will not be removed from the devices where it has already been installed.
- Activate: Activate the suspended software.
- Remove: Remove the software from the software list. The software will not be uninstalled from the devices where it has already been installed.
Identify the Bundle ID for Mac
Run the following command in your Terminal and replace the “path” with the path of the software and “yourapp” with the software name. You can see the Bundle ID after the text
designated => identifier in the output.
codesign -dr - /path/to/yourapp.app
- Right-click on the software you want to fetch the bundle ID.
- Select Show Package Contents > Info.plist.
CFBundleIdentifierkey will contain the Bundle ID in its key value.
Fetch Code Requirements of Software
Note: It is recommended to manually validate the script execution on a system before executing the action in bulk.
Run this command in your Terminal and replace the “path/Bundle ID” with the path or Bundle Identifier of the software. You can see the code requirement after the text
designated => in the output.
codesign -dr - "path/Bundle ID"
Run this command in your Powershell and replace the “file” with the path of the software.
Get-AuthenticodeSignature file | format-list