Once your admin has invited you to join UniFi Identity, you will receive an invitation link or an email invitation to guide you through downloading the Identity mobile app and accessing the available One-Click WiFi, One-Click VPN, Door Access, and EV Station features — all with a simple tap on the Identity iOS and Android mobile apps.
Download the App and Get Your Credential
- Do either of the following:
- Open the message link you received, download the Identity mobile app for iOS or Android, and scan the QR code using your Identity mobile app.
- Open the email invitation you received, download the Identity mobile app for iOS or Android, and set your credentials by clicking Load My Credential or scanning the provided QR code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code in your app. Note that the code expires in 7 days.
- Once signed in, you can start using the One-Click WiFi, One-Click VPN, Door Access, and EV Station features assigned to you. Note that only the features assigned to you will appear on your app.
Notes: The credentials in your invitation link or email can be imported into your Identity app only once. If you remove the credential from the app or if your admin deactivates and subsequently reactivates your account, the admin will need to send you a new invitation. You can then import the new credential into your app.
Access Features on Mobile App
If your admin assigns you additional features after you've started using your Identity app, you'll need to pull down the app screen to refresh the page. This ensures that the new features are accurately updated and displayed in the app.
- Tap Doors on your mobile app to unlock the nearby door with your phone.
- Tap the Ellipsis icon to view all the doors you have permission to access.
Connect to One-Click WiFi
- Tap WiFi on your mobile app to instantly connect to your organization's WiFi, without entering credentials.
- Limitation: You must enter your WiFi password manually if you are using iOS version 15.0-15.1.
- Tap the Ellipsis icon to view your WiFi password, and tap Copy Password.
- Open the WiFi list on your phone, find the SSID ("UniFi Identity" by default or select the custom SSID set by your admin), and enter your password to establish a WiFi connection.
Connect to One-Click VPN
Tap VPN on your mobile app to remotely access your organization's network, without entering credentials.
Charge Your Electric Vehicle
- Tap EV Station on your mobile app to unlock the electric vehicle charger nearby and power up your electric vehicle with ease.
- Tap the Ellipsis icon to view all the EV stations you have permission to access.
Manage Your App Preferences
- Tap your upper-right profile picture > App Preferences:
- Enable "Use Face ID" to require authentication before the app launches.
- Enable "Follow System Theme" to apply the app’s default theme, or disable it and select "Light Mode" or "Dark Mode".
Export Support File
Tap your upper-right profile picture and then tap Export Support File.