- You must have either of the following:
- UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDM Pro)
- UniFi Dream Machine Special Edition (UDM SE)
- UniFi Dream Wall (UDW)
- UniFi Network Video Recorder (UNVR)
- UniFi Network Video Recorder (UNVR Pro)
- UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (UCK-G2-Plus)
- UniFi Dream Router (UDR) (Does not support UniFi Identity Enterprise Door Access)
- UA Hub and readers.
- The UA Hub should connect to a PoE++ switch or a 60W POE++ injector.
- Network cables that support PoE (network cable of Cat5E quality or higher).
- 18-22AWG cable. Two tested cable recommendations are:
When wiring the UniFi Access devices, keep in mind that the UA Hub supports 12V at 1A.
For any installation with a 24V lock, use an external power supply and follow the Quick Start Guide instructions for connecting devices to an external power supply.
The image below displays a typical UniFi Access setup with two UA Hubs managing two doors.
The UA Hub & Reader Installation Guide
- Connect the UA Hub to your local network with an Ethernet cable via the “PoE In” port. Follow the instructions on the UA Hub Wiring Quick Guide.
- Configure the switch port for UA Hub. Ensure the switch port for the UA Hub is configured for the same network segment or VLAN as the UniFi Console and that it supports POE++.
- Connect the UA readers, and/or a UniFi camera to the UA Hub port. Note: We recommend connecting these devices to the UA Hub before launching the setup wizard on the UniFi Access application. If you connect them after the setup wizard is launched, you will need to manually map the readers to their respective UA Hubs.
- Refer to this to connect third-party motion sensors, magnetic locks, or push buttons as needed. Note: Not all the connections mentioned are necessary. Only follow the instructions for the connection type needed in your specific deployment.