To use your Talk devices, you first need to adopt them to the UniFi Talk application. Device adoption is the process of connecting a UniFi device to its corresponding UniFi application so said device can be managed by it. This article explains how UniFi Talk device adoption. For troubleshooting tips, see UniFi - Problems with Device Adoption.
Before adopting your Talk device(s), make sure they are:
- Set up correctly according to their respective Quick Start Guides.
- Turned on and receiving sufficient power.
- Connected to the same local network as the UniFi OS Console hosting your Talk application.
- A compatible UniFi OS Console (Dream Router, Dream Machine Pro / Special Edition, or Cloud Key Gen2 Plus) is required to run the Talk application.
Note: Most Talk devices are powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE). We recommend using a UniFi PoE switch to power them. Please check your UniFi Talk device's Quick Start Guide to verify its PoE requirements.
Adopt a Talk device with the Talk application
To adopt a UniFi Talk device:
- Click the Add link in the adoption prompt that appears in the top-right corner of your Talk dashboard.
- If the prompt doesn't appear, open the Devices page, place your cursor over the new device, click the Assign link, and select the user you'd like to assign the device to.
- If the device appears as Managed by Another Console, first factory-reset the device from the device itself. Then, from the Talk application, place your cursor over the device, click the Forget link, and try assigning the device again when it appears in the Ready to Adopt state.
- Assign the device to a user by selecting one from the drop-down field and clicking Assign.