The UniFi Talk application manages every aspect of your UniFi Talk deployment, including number purchasing, device and number assignment, call history, interactive voice response, and much more.
This article will describe how to install, configure, and manage your UniFi Talk application.
Before you begin
Before setting up the UniFi Talk application and adding your devices, make sure that:
- You’ve turned on and set up a compatible UniFi OS Console.
- You have at least one UniFi Talk phone connected to the same local network as your UniFi OS Console.
- Your UniFi OS Console has the UniFi Talk application installed. If you don't see it in UniFi OS, go to Settings > Updates and press the Install button to install the UniFi Talk application.
Set up the UniFi Talk application
To set up your UniFi Talk application:
- Ensure that your Talk application is up to date:
- Go to unifi.ui.com, select your UniFi OS Console, and click Settings in the navigation bar to access the UniFi Settings menu.
- Select the Updates tab and click the Update button, which appears if there is a new version ready to download.
- After the update is complete or if the UniFi Talk application is already up to date, click on the Setup button to proceed.
- Click the checkbox at the bottom of the welcome screen to agree to the requisite terms and conditions, then click Start Setup.
- Assign a user and area code to each Talk device by selecting them from the respective drop-down menus.
Note: While we work hard to maintain a wide variety of numbers in our inventory, we can't guarantee your preferred number(s) will be in stock when you set up UniFi Talk. To choose number(s) after setup, select the None - Internal Calls Only option from the Number / Area Code drop-down menu.
- Enter your location information into the Emergency Services Information fields.
Note: This allows UniFi Talk to automatically provide your address to emergency services if you contact them. This is a requirement for all VoIP service providers.
Once complete, your UniFi Talk system will finish its setup process and you can add your UniFi Talk devices and start making and taking calls.
Use the UniFi Talk application
After setting up your Talk application, you can proceed with adopting your UniFi Talk devices, managing your application's settings, and making and taking calls.
For more guidance on these tasks, see these articles: