The UniFi Talk application manages every aspect of your UniFi Talk deployment, including call tracking, transcription, number purchasing, line assignment, and much more.
This article will describe how to install, configure, and manage your UniFi Talk application.
- Before you begin
- Set up the UniFi Talk application
- Use the UniFi Talk application
- Update the UniFi Talk application
- Frequently asked questions
Before you begin
Before setting up the UniFi Talk application and adding your devices, make sure that:
- You’ve turned on and set up a compatible UniFi OS Console, such as the UniFi Dream Machine (UDM Pro) or UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (UCK-G2+). To set up a new UDM Pro, follow its Quick Start Guide or see UniFi - UDM: How to set up a Dream Machine.
- You have at least one UniFi Talk phone connected to the same local network as your UniFi OS Console.
- Your UniFi OS Console has the UniFi Talk application installed. If you don't see it on your UniFi OS dashboard, install it on your UniFi OS Console's Settings > Applications page.
Set up the UniFi Talk application
To set up your UniFi Talk application:
- Ensure that your Talk application is up to date:
- Go to unifi.ui.com, select your UniFi OS Console, and click System Settings in the navigation bar to access the UniFi Settings menu.
- Select the Updates tab and click the Update button, which appears if there is a new version ready to download.
- Go back to the UniFi OS dashboard, select your UniFi OS Console, and click the + Set Up button at the bottom of the Talk panel.
- Click the checkbox at the bottom of the welcome screen to agree to the requisite terms and conditions, then click Start.
- Assign a user and area code to each Talk device by selecting them from the respective drop-down menus.
Note: Selected area code(s) and number(s) can be changed following your initial setup. You can also set up the phone(s) without assigning them numbers so long as at least one number is associated with your UniFi Talk application.
- Enter your location information into the Emergency Services Information fields.
Note: This allows your UniFi Talk system to automatically provide your address to emergency services if you contact them. This is a requirement for all VoIP service providers.
Once complete, your UniFi Talk system will finish its setup process and you can start making and taking calls.
Use the UniFi Talk application
After setting up your Talk application, you can proceed with adopting your UniFi Talk devices, managing your application's settings, and making and taking calls.
For more guidance on these tasks, see these articles:
Update the UniFi Talk application
To update the UniFi Talk application:
- Go to unifi.ui.com, select your UniFi OS Console, then go to the System Settings > Updates page.
- Click the Update button, which will appear if there's an update ready to download.
Once complete, you’ll see the application's new version information displayed in the UniFi OS dashboard.
Frequently asked questions
Can I install the UniFi Talk application on Windows, Linux, or macOS?
No, UniFi Talk must be hosted on a UniFi OS Console (either a UDM Pro or a UCK G2 Plus). This intentional framework ensures optimal hardware integration and application performance.