UniFi Talk is a plug-and-play VoIP phone system that can be set up in less than three minutes. The Talk product suite includes three phone models (UTP Flex, UTP Touch, and UTP Touch Max), the UT Conference speakerphone, and the UT Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) that connects analog phones and fax machines to your UniFi Talk application.
This article will expand on the primary UniFi Talk devices, outline the process of setting up the Talk application and describe how to adopt new devices before making your first call.
- UniFi Talk overview
- Setup requirements
- Set up the UniFi Talk application and add devices
- Frequently asked questions
UniFi Talk overview
The UniFi Talk application is the control center for your entire Talk system. It’s easily upgradeable and offers a host of features that simplify many aspects of large-scale telecommunication, including call tracking, transcription, number purchasing, line assignment, and much more.
The UniFi Talk product line includes multiple devices, including:
- UniFi Talk Phones: Talk phone models include the UTP Touch and UTP Touch Max, two, fully-featured touchscreen phones, and the UTP Flex, a more streamlined, familiar model that offers similar functionality to the Touch phones but in a more minimalist, accessible interface.
- UniFi Talk Conference Speaker (UT Conference): A feature-rich speaker designed for use with your other UniFi Talk devices. The UT Conference offers touch-sensitive volume control and a dynamic LED ring that conveys mute status, volume level, and indicates sound direction with its Direction of Arrival functionality.
- UniFi Talk Analog Phone Adapter (UT ATA): This adapter connects your analog telephones and fax machines with the Talk application. The UT ATA supports up to two analog phones with headset functionality and has a built-in 2.57-inch display that shows call and line status information. Multiple UT ATAs can be used in a single Talk application instance so it’s easy to connect a large number of analog devices.
Note: UniFi Talk doesn't support obsolete UniFi VoIP phones, including UVP, UVP-Executive, and UVP-Pro.
Before setting up your Unifi Talk system, please ensure that:
- A compatible controller (UDM Pro or UCK G2 Plus) is set up.
- The controller and at least one Talk phone are connected to the same local network.
- A compatible controller (UDM Pro or UCK G2 Plus)
- At least one Talk phone (UTP Touch, UTP Touch Max, and/or UTP Flex)
- PoE-capable network cable(s) (Cat5E or higher)
- A 18-22 AWG cable. We recommend either the:
Set up the UniFi Talk application and add devices
For more detailed UniFi Talk application setup instructions, see UniFi Talk - Set up the UniFi Talk application.
If you're using a new UDM Pro or UCK G2 Plus as your Talk controller, refer to the device's Quick Start Guide (available on our Downloads page) for additional setup information.
Frequently asked questions
Does UniFi Talk offer SIP service?
Yes, we offer SIP through a UniFi Talk subscription. The cost is $9.99 per month and includes a dedicated phone number (DID) and 3000 monthly minutes. We recommend using a UniFi Talk subscription for the best experience. UniFi Talk also supports 3rd party SIP providers which our more advanced customers can set up through the setting menu.