The G4 Dome (UVC-G4-DOME) is a compact, 4MP, vandal-resistant (IK08), and weatherproof (IPx4) dome camera with integrated IR LEDs to enhance day and night capture clarity.
This article outlines the G4 Dome's installation requirements, its setup process, and answers frequently asked questions about the device.
- Setup and power requirements
- Mount, install, and adjust the G4 Dome camera
- Adopt the G4 Dome camera
- Frequently asked questions
Setup and power requirements
To use your G4 Dome, you will need:
- A network video recorder (NVR), such as the UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro), UniFi Network Video Recorder (UNVR), or Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (UCK G2 PLUS).
- A UniFi Protect application hosted on any of the NVRs above. For more detailed setup instructions, see UniFi Protect - Getting started.
- A UniFi PoE switch or a PoE injector to power the camera.
Mount, install, and adjust the G4 Dome camera
To mount the G4 Dome camera correctly, use the mounting template included in the package.
For more information on installing and wiring the G4 Dome, see the G4 Dome Quick Start Guide.
To adjust the camera angle:
- Remove the bubble cover by rotating it counterclockwise then tilt the camera lens vertically or rotate as needed.
- Reattach the bubble cover and turn it clockwise to lock it back into place.
To unlock the camera in order to readjust it or remove it from the bracket:
- Insert the unlocking flat pin into the small hole above the camera's lens.
- Twist the camera counterclockwise.
For information on the most common issues with G4 Dome's Night Mode setup, see UniFi Protect - Common issues while setting up the G4 Dome's Night Mode.
Adopt the G4 Dome camera
To manage your newly installed G4 Dome, you need to adopt it to your UniFi Protect application. For a detailed overview of the adoption process, see UniFi Protect - Adopt devices.
Frequently asked questions
Can I mount the G4 Dome vertically?
Yes, you can mount it vertically on a wall or horizontally on the ceiling. For more information, see the Quick Start Guide.
Is the G4 Dome capable of two-way audio transfer?
Yes, the G4 Dome supports two-way audio transfer via the UniFi Protect mobile app.
What is the maximum cable run length for the G4 Dome?
The maximum length for all wired UniFi cameras is 100 meters (328 feet).
My G4 Dome lens is fogging up - how do I fix it?
To avoid condensation, make sure that the bubble cover of the lens is firmly locked in place to provide airtight protection. For more information, see UniFi Protect - Common issues while setting up the G4 Dome's Night Mode.