The UniFi Cloud Controller service will be shut down after March 1, 2021.
How this affects your UniFi setup:
- If you're using the UniFi Cloud Controller, your network's connectivity will not be affected.
- However, you will lose the ability to configure your UniFi products, monitor their status, add new devices, and export your configuration.
- After the shutdown, technical support will no longer be provided for UniFi Cloud Controller setups that haven't been migrated to a UniFi host device.
To continue managing your network after March 1, 2021, we highly recommend migrating your controller configuration to a UniFi Dream Machine (UDM), a UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro), or a UniFi Cloud Key (UC-CK or UCK-G2-PLUS).
This article describes how to migrate your UniFi Cloud Controller to a UniFi Dream Machine Pro.
Note: Since UniFi Cloud cannot generate a full controller backup, only a single site can be exported.
How the migration affects your UniFi setup
A typical UniFi Network setup with a Cloud Controller consists of a UniFi Security Gateway (USG), UniFi Switch (USW), and one or multiple UniFi access points.
This is how that setup would change when the UniFi Cloud Controller is migrated to a UniFi Dream Machine Pro. The UDM-Pro replaces the UniFi Security Gateway and hosts the UniFi Network Controller.
How to migrate your UniFi Cloud Controller to a UniFi Dream Machine Pro
Note: Make sure your UDM-Pro is set up and configured before the migration process! For more information, see UniFi - Set up a UniFi Dream Machine Pro.
Migrate your UniFi Cloud Controller setup to a UDM-Pro:
1. Log in to your UniFi Cloud Controller in your browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
2. Open the Devices page in your controller, and ensure that all devices you'd like to migrate have a Connected status.
3. Open the UniFi Network settings menu, click the Site tab, and click the Export Site button at the bottom of the page.
4. Click the Download backup file button to save the backup file to your computer.
Note: You will need the backup file later when restoring the site on your UDM-Pro.
5. Connect all the devices you want to migrate to the UDM-Pro's switch ports, except for the USG, which will not be needed for the setup process.
Note: Devices newly connected to the UDM-Pro may display a Disconnected status on the Devices page. This is a normal occurrence that will not disrupt your migration.
6. On your UniFi Cloud Controller, select the devices you'd like to migrate in the Migrate devices window.
7. Enter your UDM-Pro's IP address in the Controller Inform URL field.
8. Click the Migrate devices button to initiate the process.
Once the process is complete, all migrated UniFi devices will display a Connected status on the Devices page.
The migrated devices will be forgotten automatically from the UniFi Cloud Controller that originally hosted them.
If a device is not automatically forgotten, you manually remove it by clicking on its Devices page listing and clicking the Forget button in its Properties panel.