Content Filtering is a feature found under individual networks in the Networks section of your Network application that allows you to block malicious and adult websites while also filtering explicit content from search results.
- A Next-Gen UniFi gateway or UniFi OS Console with an integrated Next-Gen gateway.
Content Filtering has the below options:
- Work: Block explicit, adult and malicious websites. Google will use Safe Search and YouTube is set to Restricted Mode.
- Family: Block VPNs as well as explicit, adult and malicious websites. Google will use Safe Search and YouTube is set to Restricted Mode.
If you want to make explicit content unavailable for your child's devices, then place them on a separate LAN network and set Content Filtering to Family.
- Network: Kids
- Content Filtering: Family
If you want to make explicit content unavailable in an office environment but still provide the ability to use VPNs, then set Content Filtering to Work on the Default network.
- Network: Default
- Content Filtering: Work
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to only block explicit content on certain clients. Can I use Content Filtering?
Yes. However, the clients need to be placed on a separate network. See the examples section for more information.
2. I want to block explicit content but not use YouTube in Restricted Mode. Can I use Content Filtering?
No. Both the Work and Family option set YouTube to Restricted Mode.