This tutorial will explain how to deploy UISP on a cloud server in a few simple steps.
Table of Contents
This tutorial uses DigitalOcean with estimated costs starting at $10/month. The usage is charged at an hourly rate, so if you use DigitalOcean to test it just for an hour, the user will only be charged $0.015. Any other cloud server of the user's choice may be used as well.
How to Install UISP on DigitalOcean
1. Create an account on DigitalOcean.
2. Click Create a New Droplet.
3. Choose Ubuntu 16.04.1.
4. Choose your plan (size). The $10/mo size is recommended. The plan can be changed in the future if the server load is too high. Plans are charged at an hourly rate, so any plan can be tested for a short period without incurring any high costs.
5. Choose a datacenter close to your location.
6. Tick the checkbox for User data in the Select additional options section.
7. Insert the following commands in the text box shown in the Select additional options section where it prompts: "Enter user data here..."
- curl -fsSL https://unms.com/v1/install > /tmp/unms_install.sh
- chmod +x /tmp/unms_install.sh
- sudo bash -c '/tmp/unms_install.sh --unattended' > /tmp/unms_install_output
8. Optionally, add your SSH key. This will allow you to connect to the server without using a password. Otherwise, your root password will be sent to the email associated with your DigitalOcean account.
9. Click Create.
10. It will take about 30 seconds for the server to start up, and then another 4-8 minutes to download and deploy UISP on the server.
11. Now go to http://your_server_ip. (Where "your_server_ip" is the IP of your Droplet).