You can enable remote access to manage multiple UniFi Networks and applications at the same time, even when they're not physically connected to any of those networks. A locally installed UniFi Network application, a Ubiquiti account, and a connection to the internet are required to access the applications remotely. The Remote Access Portal for UniFi OS host devices can be accessed via unifi.ui.com.
This article describes how to enable the remote access feature and management of UniFi devices from a locally installed application.
Note: For UniFi Network software running on computers or other third-party hosts, please use network.unifi.ui.com.
A Ubiquiti account is needed to use remote access via the Remote Access Dashboard. For more information, see UniFi - Accounts and passwords for Ubiquiti, UniFi OS, and UniFi devices.
- How to enable remote access
- How to enable Local Login with a Ubiquiti account
- How to enable remote access to UDM and UDM Pro
- Testing and verification
How to enable remote access
UniFi OS Consoles (Dream Machines and Cloud Keys)
Note: On current versions, remote access is enabled in the UniFi OS settings, not within the UniFi Network application. Remote access is enabled for all applications hosted on the device (e.g., UniFi Network, UniFi Protect, UniFi Access, and UniFi Talk).
To enable remote access on a UniFi OS Console:
- Type in your Console's IP address into a browser navigation bar (Chrome is recommended).
- Select Advanced > Proceed to IP if a warning page appears.
- Log in to UniFi OS using your Ubiquiti SSO credentials (as set in account.ui.com).
- Go to System Settings > Advanced and enable Remote Access toggle.
Software Installs (Windows, macOS, Linux/Debian systems)
To enable remote access on a software install:
- Log into your local UniFi Network application as usual.
- Navigate to System Settings > Administration.
- Turn the Enable Remote Access feature ON.
- Enter your Ubiquiti account credentials to Remote Access Portal credentials on the login request and select Enable Remote Access.
- If you haven't created an account yet, please do so now. Once an account is created, you may need to return to Step 1 of these instructions.
- If your UI.com account has two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, you will have to provide the 2FA code to proceed.
- Click on Apply Changes when you see that "Enable Remote Access" is "On", and your Remote Access Dashboard credentials are displayed in the "Configured For" section of the page and the status is "Connected":
How to enable Local Login with a Ubiquiti account
When the Enable Local Login with UI Account (Sync Local Admin with Ubiquiti SSO) option is ON in the Settings > Remote Access section, the credentials from your Ubiquiti SSO account will be used for administrator accounts, so you would use your SSO credentials to log into UniFi Network. This option will only take effect after the "Apply Changes" button has been selected.
To revert these settings:
- Turn the Enable Local Login with UI Account toggle to the OFF position.
- Select Apply Changes.
- Navigate to Settings > Admins.
- Edit the admin account and revert the username and password.
- The page will refresh and you can test your settings by visiting the Remote Access Dashboard: https://network.unifi.ui.com.
How to enable remote access to UDM and UDM Pro
- On the UDM the remote access is enabled by default. You can provide remote access to another user to manage the UDM in Settings > Remote Access > Enable User Access. The UDM-PRO will not show this option on the Settings section because remote access is enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
3. For the UDM Pro, log in to https://unifi.ui.com/ and go to the Users button located on the bottom right of screen as shown:
5. Use the Add User drop-down in the upper, right corner:
6. Finally, click on Add and then verify that the new user accepts the invitation sent via email.
Testing and verification
To confirm you have remote access, go to the Remote Access Dashboard (unifi.ui.com) and log in with your Ubiquiti SSO credentials. You should see your UniFi OS Consoles there. Click on the console to launch the application Dashboard, or click on a specific application icon right away.