UniFi - Where is <unifi_base>?
2023-05-15 20:09:15 UTC
The <unifi_base> folder is only relevant to advanced users making custom configurations that are not officially supported. Unlike Windows or macOS, UniFi Hosts such a Cloud Key require using a file transfer application, such as FileZilla. To gain access you will also need to establish an SSH session with the UniFi Host.
Please note that the sites directory is not created automatically. To create this directory, upload a file for the site (such as a floorplan).
The <unifi_base> location will vary depending on your operating system. Find <unifi_base> in the following directories:
- UniFi Cloud Key: /usr/lib/unifi
- UniFi Dream Machine: /usr/lib/unifi (you must first enter unifi-os shell)
- Debian/Ubuntu Linux: /usr/lib/unifi
Windows: %userprofile%/Ubiquiti UniFi.
- Note that %userprofile% is a Windows variable that returns the full C:\Users\yourname\ path. Another way of seeing it would be:C:\Users\<username>\Ubiquiti UniFi.
macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/UniFi. You can get to this folder by several paths:
- Option 1: Click option+Go in Finder's top menu bar to access Library. From there navigate to Application Support > UniFi. Do not double click on UniFi.app, as it will launch the application. instead, Right Click > Show Package Contents.
- Option 2: /Applications/UniFi.app/Contents/Resources.
Was this article helpful?
-63" > X found this article helpful186 out of 435 found this helpful