You will see <unifi_base> in many of our configuration instructions. When asked to place a file in a folder within <unif_base> use the method you would usually use when moving files in that operating system. For example, for the Cloud Key, you will not be able to drag and drop as you would for Windows or macOS. Instead, you will use a file transfer application, such as FileZilla to access the correct folder and drag and drop the file there. To gain access you will enter as you would an SSH session with host (IP address) username and password, and using port 22 if needed.
Please note that the sites directory is not created automatically. To create this directory, upload a file for the site (such as a floorplan).
The <unifi_base> location will vary depending on your operating system. Find <unifi_base> in the following directories:
- UniFi Cloud Key: /usr/lib/unifi
- UniFi Dream Machine: /usr/lib/unifi (you must first enter unifi-os shell)
- Debian/Ubuntu Linux: /usr/lib/unifi
- Windows: %userprofile%/Ubiquiti UniFi.
- macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/UniFi. You can get to this folder by several paths:
- Option 1: Click option+Go in Finder's top menu bar to access Library. From there navigate to Application Support > UniFi.
- Option 2: /Applications/UniFi.app/Contents/Resources.