To learn how to change the Cloud Key's software version via SSH please see: UniFi - How to Change the Cloud Key's Controller Version via SSH.
For help on a forgotten Cloud Key password, please see this article: UniFi - Accounts and Passwords for Controller, Cloud Key, and Other Devices.
Table of Contents
- How to Update the Cloud Key's Firmware and Software with the UniFi Network Controller
- How to Update the Cloud Key's Firmware with the Cloud Key Management UI
- Related Articles
Before you begin, always make sure you have a backup of your UniFi Network Controller. You can download your backup from the UniFi Network Controller in Settings > Maintenance > Backup and click Download Backup. Keep in mind that in order to restore a backup, the controller software version must be the same or newer than the version on the backup. It is also important to note that when the Cloud Key is updated, it will automatically upgrade the UniFi Controller version to its corresponding bundled controller version.
How to Update the Cloud Key's Firmware and Software with the UniFi Controller
1. To upgrade the Cloud Key firmware: In the UniFi Network Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Firmware and click Check for Update. You will see an "Apply Update" button if there is an upgrade available.
2. To upgrade the UniFi Network Controller software which is hosted on the Cloud Key: In the UniFi Network Controller, go to Settings > Maintenance > Cloud Key Controller and click Check for Update. You will see an Apply Update button if an upgrade is available.
How to Update the Cloud Key's Firmware with the Cloud Key Management UI
1. Access the Cloud Key Management WebUI, by typing your Cloud Key's IP in your browser.
2. You will land on a warning page, click on Advanced and Proceed to <your IP>(unsafe).
3. Click on Manage Cloud Key (on gen2 Cloud Keys) or Configure (on gen1 Cloud Keys) to configure your UniFi Cloud Key's settings via the Cloud Key's Management UI. The image below is for a UCK-G2-PLUS, each Cloud Key will have a different set of options.
4. Type in the Cloud Key's credentials. These credentials are not the same as the UniFi Network Controller credentials. When you initially set the Cloud Key up, it will have prompted you to change the password. The default credentials were:
So chances are, the username is still root (or ubnt). These are the same credentials you would use to SSH into your Cloud Key. More information on that here.
NOTE: After you enter the management screen for the first time it will ask you to change the password from default values, please make note of this new password as you cannot recover or reset this password.
5. Once inside the Cloud Key UI, go to Settings (or if on UC-CK, the Maintenance tab) and expand the Firmware section to verify if there are updates available. If there are, click the Update Now button. If you wish to use a non-stable version, click on Update Manually. You will need the firmware link (or the firmware file), which you can get from our Downloads page or for the non-stable releases, find them in the Beta blog. To access these you will need to have enabled Early Access on your account.
Click here to see Cloud Key Gen1 (UC-CK) Instructions.